Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

forward calls from extension in ring group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by t4mack, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t4mack

I want to forward a call from an extension in a ring group. I have set the status to away and created a forwarding rule but it doesn't work. I even tried putting the phone on do not disturb but that didn't work. Here is the scenario. Call comes in to ring group 0 and ring extension 10,11, and 12. I want to be able to have extension 12 set their status to away and the call be forwarded to extension 20. It works if the call doesn't go to the ring group so i was wondering if there was something in the custom parameters that needs to be changed.

2. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

That can't work, because extension 12 doesn't own the call - so it's forwarding rules don't apply. The ring group owns the call until the ring time is exceeded, at which time the action you specify in the ring group is taken. So you really want to specify this action at the ring group, not the extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.