Solved Forward calls to an external number WITH extenstion

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RodSlinger, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RodSlinger

I did a search and the last relevant info I found was from about two years ago. Not sure if anything has changed on this.

I have an extension that I need inbound calls outside of business hours to forward to an external number which also has an extension. Can the current version of 3CX add a pause on a forwarding rule or add the DTMF tones after answer on a forwarded call?

Thanks,

2. Khadija Imad

Hello,
    I have the same problem, is there some one how can provide us how we can configure the DTMF sequences or add a pause on forwarding number to reach a specific extension ?

3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I don't think this is possible (with SIP trunks).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You cannot do this using 3CX alone. It would require a device (set), that had the number programmed in memory, with a pause inserted after the initial number. the remaining portion would have to be sent by DTMF. 3CX is not capable of doing this. VoIP dialling (the number) is always sent as a package. 3CX can't add something on once the digits are sent. Only the originating device can

#4 leejor, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  5. Khadija Imad

I resolve the problem by using the Trunk and forwarding the call to our custom platform (VMU), that support adding DTMF sequences.

Thank you for your reply,

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Glad you were able to get it to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.