Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forward calls to external number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JackH, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackH

Hi,

Let's say I want to forward all calls made to a specific DDI to an external number; is it possible to have the CLI present as the dialled number? Rather than the call originator's number.

e.g.

0111111111 calls 022222222 which then forwards to 0333333333
    0333333333 see's that a call is incoming from 022222222

With the way I currently have it set up (forwarding extension to mobile using Call Deflection - only way I could get it to work at all);

0333333333 see's that a call is incoming from 0111111111

I hope that makes sense!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

In many cases, yes, but it may depend on what the provider wants to see and how the headers in the messaging are formulated.

The redirection (deflection) is, I assume, using a call diversion message. Essentially, this is when a call comes in and the PBX tells the originator that the intended destination is not available here, but to go "there" now. Think of this as a detour.

Many providers do not like diversion headers and instead will only want to see a new INVITE. The implication being that instead of a detour, the call is answered (INVITE is answered, but not physically per se) and then a forward using a new INVITE is initiated.

You likely need to do a capture without the divert function enabled to see what is standing in the way of the new call being successful.

JCLloyd likes this.
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not certain that showing the DID number, as outbound caller ID is a straight forward thing to implement, if at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.