Forward calls to external number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JackH, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackH

Hi,

Let's say I want to forward all calls made to a specific DDI to an external number; is it possible to have the CLI present as the dialled number? Rather than the call originator's number.

e.g.

0111111111 calls 022222222 which then forwards to 0333333333
    0333333333 see's that a call is incoming from 022222222

With the way I currently have it set up (forwarding extension to mobile using Call Deflection - only way I could get it to work at all);

0333333333 see's that a call is incoming from 0111111111

I hope that makes sense!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

In many cases, yes, but it may depend on what the provider wants to see and how the headers in the messaging are formulated.

The redirection (deflection) is, I assume, using a call diversion message. Essentially, this is when a call comes in and the PBX tells the originator that the intended destination is not available here, but to go "there" now. Think of this as a detour.

Many providers do not like diversion headers and instead will only want to see a new INVITE. The implication being that instead of a detour, the call is answered (INVITE is answered, but not physically per se) and then a forward using a new INVITE is initiated.

You likely need to do a capture without the divert function enabled to see what is standing in the way of the new call being successful.

JCLloyd likes this.
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not certain that showing the DID number, as outbound caller ID is a straight forward thing to implement, if at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.