Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forward external CIDs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TOBI144, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOBI144

Hi,

I am using 3CX v9-SP5 and I have to forward external call WITH the external CID is this possible? If yes, can someone tell me how?

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The outgoing trunk must be VoIP, using a provider that supports sending a number other than what is assigned to the line. In other words, they have to allow you to change the number.

3. TOBI144

But which settings must I do in the trunk configuration? I just found in the configuration form the settings "international/national/local format.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

My understanding is that those are used for changing the display on your own, internal phones. What number is displayed now, when you forward a call to an outside line?

Did you do a search on the forums, this has come up a number of times. You may want to read through this thread...

http://www.3cx.com/forums/keep-caller-id-on-forward-to-external-number-9248.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.