Forward outbound calls using different trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Killerdaug, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killerdaug

I have been trying to setup 3cx so that ALL inbound calls from a specific voip provider/trunk is forwarded using the "forward to outside number" feature within the trunk configuration itself (not using extensions or ring groups). Although, I need to forward these outbound calls using a different trunk. Is this not possible? Seems I can only use the SAME trunk to forward outbound calls automatically!!

Update: Seems to be working, but only if the trunk in question isn't restricted to only allow specific extensions for outbound calls. All of our trunks are restricted to selected extensions. Is there any way to configure so trunks can be allowed to use other trunks even if the trunks are limited to specific extensions?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do it by creating some additional outbound rules. If your "normal" forwarding were to go to, say, 912125551212, that used your regular trunks, that you didn't want to use in this case, then...create a rule, 81, that was 12 digits long and send it out to the group that you want. Use the new prefix (81) in the numbers you want to forward rather than the regular (91) outgoing prefix. You will of course have to use what ever digits fit your particular set-up, but you get the idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.