Forward PRI inbound to ITSP outbound

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tim123, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim123

Greetings.

I have an existing "old" PBX that I would like connect via PRI to a PSTN gateway that in turn is connected to my 3CX PBX.

I can figure out how to allow my 3CX SIP extensions to dial the "old" PBX via an outbound rule, but I can't figure out how to make the 3CX box receive the inbound call from my "old" PBX and route it out to my ITSP.

Ideally I would simply have the 3CX box receive all digits from old PBX via the PSTN gateway and forward them out through my VOIP provider but I can't figure out how to do it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. broadbandcti

I've done a legacy PBX integration job and just for fun I got calls to route through the 3cx by using 3cx extensions as "tie lines". it was kind of cheesy though.

at the end of the day for production use what I did was use an edgemarc to provide network side PRI and terminate the sip trunk. based on the inbound called number the edgemarc routes the call to either the 3cx or the old phone system. the edgemarc was also very helpful for digit manipulation since the legacy pbx expected to see 4 digit incoming numbers and I needed to take the numbers coming from the pbx and expand them.

just deployed my first patton smartnode, which seems like a really nice device - not as easy to configure but, of course it's a lot more configurable. the ability to do some interesting call routing and integration works seems like it would be there with that part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.