Forward To Cell Call Handoff

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by theMightyMacBoy, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theMightyMacBoy

Basically what I'm trying to figure out is if when an outside person calls an internal extension and the call rings on desk phone and cell phone, when the user answers the call on their cell if there is any way to hand that call between the outside person's carrier and the user's cell carrier. Basically why I am asking is because I notice when you answer a forward call on your cell, it takes up two trunk paths. This make sense since, Call -> 3CX and 3CX -> Cell, however, we are experiencing terrible latency issues with this setup. There is an obvious 1.5 - 2 second delay.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? Thanks in advance.

2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Oooof, basically, no. You can tweak the delay but at 1.5 seconds I wouldn't bother. When my end users complain about that I have them make a phone call on their personal cell to a co-workers personal cell (with a different carrier) who is in the same room and ask them to compare the delay. It's comparable and they usually just realize they're nitpicking. The delay is usually just a little longer with voip. (But sometimes it is excessive and then it becomes a network issue)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. theMightyMacBoy

I'm wondering if it could be a network issue. I am going to try to reproduce the same thing on a different client's 3CX. Both use same SIP provider and same ISP (two cities apart). The only main difference is that one is using the Comcast router (delayed calls) and the other is using Comcast router in bridge mode with Ubnt USG (Haven't hear anything, will test at this location)

Who knows, maybe something will turn up. Kinda hard to tell the client he needs to not use Comcast's router for routing.. haha

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you do some searches, there are various tools, specific to VoIP, available to do latency tests on you ISP. This may help pinpoint the cause of excess delays. With VoIP there is a certain amount of delay to be expected, and most times it isn't that noticeable unless you are within earshot of the person you are calling. You might try using a higher bit rate Codec (G711) as a test, if you aren't already, on all legs of the call.

5. theMightyMacBoy

I'm using the default codecs for the trunk: G.711 U-law, G.711 A-law, and GSM-FR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.