Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forward to Different External Numbers at Different Times

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by matt11, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt11

One of our clients is manually having to change what a ring group calls before every weekend for those who are on call (they split out the time during the days to different numbers). I can't seem to find a good solution to this. I tried creating an extension that will be sent to after hours and then doing an exception forward, but the exceptions require a certain callerid. Is there a wildcard that would work for any call? Is there a better solution to this?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not sure I understand the scenario as I keep wondering why not simply create a second ring group that comes into play during non-office hours that dials what you need?

3. matt11

If different ring groups can be called at different set times on different days, then that would work just as well. I just am unaware as to how I would be able to set that. I know you can set a ring group to ring outside of business hours, which is their current setup. They just need a different cell phone to ring after 5pm weekdays, and then a different one at certain times on the weekend.

4. lneblett

I get more of it now.

you might look at http://www.voiptoys.com as they may have a solution that fits.

5. matt11

I was beginning to think there wasn't going to be an easy way to do it. I suppose that company's call router would probably be the best method. They are pretty cost conscious, so I don't know if they would be up to buying it, even if it probably saves them a lot more time than what they are doing now.

6. lneblett

Well, the real issue is that they need to be specific in what they want and then it needs to be repeatable. Once the specifics are known, then there may be a way using a combination of both global and extension specific business hours to formulate a solution even if somewhat convoluted. Otherwise VoIPToys looks like the only viable option for a programmable solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.