• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

forward to extension on weekly base

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpc

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to setup a schedule to have a extension forwarded to an external (mobile)number, outside office hours, but the extension to which it forwards must change automaticly on a weekly base. So that we can create a list for a few months to the person we has the "ouside office emergency duty".

For now I setup 5 dummy extensions, which are always forwared to the external number, and I change manual every week the forward to "outside office hours" to the dummy extension of the person who is on duty (outside office hours).

Hope that someone can give me a clue, how to get this working automaticly.

Thanks,

Hans Bulkens
Kerkrade, The Neterlands

I am not sure if this can be done automatically.

We have a similar requirement and we implemented it an easier way.

I set up a dummy extension which forwards to a "spare" cell phone - the on call one.

We then take that cell phone when we are on call. No changes to 3cx and it works every time. It is working so well we are even thinking of upgrading the phone from a basic cell phone to a android based smartphone and using SipAgent on it - as I have a lot of success on my cell phone with that.

I am not sure how the Dutch phone plans work as I have not been in Europe for over 10 years with a UK cell phone. In the USA we can bundle our minutes and share them. An extra "line" on our plan is $10 per month and we had the cell phone for our guys to make calls when they were on call as it charged to the company, so was no extra cost for us. Maybe a "pooled" cell phone will be worth it for you?

Thanks for your answer. I understand what you mean, but when someone forgets the "dummy extension - mobile phone" when he leaves the office, it is not working.
Maybe there is another solution to get in done, I keep searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.