Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forward to extension that isn't registered

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jsmack79, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsmack79

is there a way to forward a call to an extension (and ultimately voicemail) that isn't registered?

A couple users are using the 3CX softphone and when their computers aren't here, and we can't transfer to voicemail. The phone just says the extension is unavailable.

Thanks

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

...and this problem appears (mostly) during ~15 minutes after "computer becomes aren't there" and after ~30 minutes everything is going well, isn't it?
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jsmack79

Not that I know of.

As far as I can tell, I am never able to transfer a call to an extension that isn't registered.

4. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Make sure in the call rules for each extension you have it set for not registered .

From the admin console;

Extensions > Extension # > Forwarding Rules Tab

Create a rule set for unregistered, busy, no answer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jsmack79

That's it!

Thanks.

6. MarcelvanKuilenburg

- if the action wished is forward to voicemail it is not possible to fill in the 999 (default voicemail)
    - When I choose for the action 'offer reject or divert to voicemail' I can fill in 999.

So to mho the default 999 should also be automatic option by the first choice or am i mistaken. Do I have to make an extension 999 for that?

7. MarcelvanKuilenburg

a night of good sleep, trying en thinking and it is clear that on the second choice you have to fill in the extension of which the voicemail will be used. So again, no faults of 3cx but unknowness of the user. 3cx is still surprising me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.