Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forward to External Number fail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by IDI_Ben, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IDI_Ben

Hello, I am having the following errors:

System: SPA-3102 gateway from PSTN line to hard phones. I have successfully setup the phone extension to receive calls and call out. I recently set up an Automated Attendant and this seemed to work quite well. I then decided to have the phone's extension forward all calls to my cell phone number. I entered the External Number as my 10 digit phone number first. When calling in to the Receptionist and trying to call this extension I am told that the phone is busy. I decided I would add a '0' in front of the 10 digit number because I have my outbound call rule setup to call out on number strings with a 0 in the front. This gave a different result of simply "call failed, no answer". I then tried to call the extension from another hard phone and was successful

What am I doing wrong?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are only using the 3102 as your ONE phone line, then you can't receive an outside call and forward it to an (other) outside line at the same time, can you? You need a second 3102 and phone line or set up a second line with a VoIP provider.

3. IDI_Ben

WOW! Please forgive my neglegence on such an obvious issue. Thanks for making me think straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.