forward to external number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

I have an extension, forwarding rules include:

Phone Busy | out of office hours | all calls | forward to external number xxx-xxxx
    No Answer | out of office hours | all calls | forward to external number xxx-xxxx

Fine up until [no answer], and then "no outbound lines were availalbe for this call", and the call ends.

3cx log shows: There's no outbound rule for external number 'xxxxxxx' defined.

OK, seems pretty straight forward ;-). Except, what would the outbound rule look like ;-/. I have a rule that allows the extension to dial outbound, but I guess I need something else more specific.

I have Allow forwarding to externalnumbers in ring groups Queues on/off selected, in Global options. Not sure if that's got anything to do with it, though.

Thanks - Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cfive

cfive Member

Well, it was pretty straight forward ;-).

I have an outbound rule which includes phone extension numbers - I don't know why that wouldn't have worked unless the forward is actually initiated from an extension *other* than a phone extension number.

A new rule specifying 100-999 allows the forward. But that kind of defeats other rules that restrict certain phone extensions to certain gateways :-(. I need to narrow it down a bit.

Thanks - Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Perhaps there is a range of 3 digit numbers that are used internally when forwarding a call. You could experiment by "shrinking" the allowed range until it doesn't work any more, finally narrowing down to what the "magic" numbers are.

4. cfive

cfive Member

I should be able to determine that from the logs ;-).

Love your tag line WEsT, my sympathies :).

5. pjr

pjr New Member

if not the logs a wireshark capture should show it?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Wireshark won't show it as it seems to be an internal "restriction" based on the extension number range, so far anyway. If the call was failing after leaving 3Cx then Wireshark can help pinpoint the reason. The 3CX logs may help if they can give more info than "no route found"

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Wireshark won't show it as it seems to be an internal "restriction" based on the extension number range, so far anyway. If the call was failing after leaving 3Cx then Wireshark can help pinpoint the reason. The 3CX logs may help if they can give more info than "no route found"

If the past summer is an indication of future weather trends, we may be wishing that it were more true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.