Forward to external SIP number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by digitel, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digitel

Hi,
    Just installed a blind (no registration) VoIP trunk between my 3cx system and an Asterisk system.
    All work fine.

I use also a SIP VoIP provider, the incoming calls make the 3cx extension 111 to ring correctly
    Now I need to forward these incoming call to an extension on Asterisk side (i.e. 310)

I check "Forward to Outside number" on SIP provider incoming calls routing , specifying extension 310
    This don't work , as stated by 3cx log :

00:41:43.702 [CM503014]: Call(54): No known route to target: <sip:310@(my3cxipaddress):5060>
    00:41:43.702 [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:310@(my3cxipaddress):5060>

Of course extension 310 is searched inside 3cx system rather than Asterisk system (sip:310@(Asteriskipaddress):5060)
    An outbound rule to call 3XX extension by mean of 3cx<->Asterisk trunk was already created successfully (3cx phones call Asterisk ones with no problem)

Is there any trick to get rid of this problem ???

Thank you for any help

Federico

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You could try creating a rule that begins with, say, 5 (or whatever "access" digit you want).

Make it 4 digits long, strip 1 digit, and send out on the Asterisk trunk.

You would then dial 5310 (or forward a call to) and it would follow an outbound rule rather than telling you that extension 310 doesn't exist in 3CX.

3. digitel

Re: Forward to external SIP number --FIXED--

Thank you for answering

I've created an outbound rule as per your instruction with no luck unless I omitted any value on the "calls from extension" field (it was 100-120)

This way , also my previous rule: "numbers beginning with 3 with length of 3 use Asterisk trunk without stripping any digit", works fine

In fact calls are generated from a device (trunk) to a device (trunk) than haven't a number inside my 3cx phones plan (100-120)

Thank you again for suggestion

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Would you post a full 3CX log of one of the attempted calls?

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Digitel

If you dial OUTBOUND RULE + asterisk extension from an internal phone does this work?

IN fact the call is not originating from the range of 100-200 but from an external number.

Can you make a test and remove the "CALLS FROM 100-200" restrictions from the outbound rules? Let me know if this works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. digitel

Yes,
    As I said on my previous reply , trunk to trunk forward WORKS if I remove "calls from"
    So, as you said, the call is NOT originated by a regular extension on 100-120 range
    That was the problem
    All is ok now

Thanks all again

Federico

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The Calls from Extension(s) field, in the outbound rules, has thrown a monkey wrench in call forwarding scenarios a few times now. If there isn't already, perhaps there needs to be a better explanation as to just how restrictive it can be when dealing with calls that are not thought of as "associated with an extension" in the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.