Forward to mobile has issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Arthur Siu, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Arthur Siu

I have a four digit extension system. I create extension that don't have phones, because I set them to forward to external phone numbers. Here's the problem, Some extension will forward like 99-101.But when I use 102, it just says call failed. If I call the number directly there is no issue. No idea what's going on here.

2. 12494

12494 Member

You are probably trying to use an extension that is already committed as a SYSTEM EXTENSION. 7000 is probably for conference call. Take a look at the SYSTEM EXTENSION button from the management console.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3CX Activity Log show, if you compare a working call, with one that fails? What is the reason the log gives for the failure?

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You could also assign 102 to a softphone and see if it can make/receive calls without forwarding turned on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Arthur Siu

Yes the softphone works, but as soon as it forwards it to mobile, it drops. Nothing in the logs by the way. 3CX thinks it's doing its job I guess.

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I’d goto activity log. Start a capture. Make your call. Then review the capture file using Wireshark.
    It has a nice feature to find VOIP calls automatically and filter them and see any error codes.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Nothing, as in, there is no log, or Nothing as in..the call shows outgoing to provider (sending the correct digits), Provider "accepts: call correctly (no error message), then 3CX drops the call?

8. Arthur Siu

There is no log entry, as far as I can see. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Or are we talking about call logs?
    BTW I have two installation of 3CX. One is 3 digit and the other 4 digit extensions. The 3 digit has no problem setting up the forwarding. Works like a charm. But the 4 digit one is the nightmare that haunts me that refuses to forwards call and just constantly fails. Next Monday I'm backing up and the reinstalling 3cx to see if it helps at all.

#8 Arthur Siu, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  9. teichhei

Could not be permitted to make external calls or an outbound rule that drops the call?

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's the 3CX Activity Log that will show the progress of a call from initiation to completion, through the switch. Unless a call never leaves a set, there will be a log. The amount of detail can be increased, but in many cases, that isn't necessary