Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forward to mobile

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wimlex9, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wimlex9

Hello,

I've already set this up:

Incoming call redirecting to digital reception -> prompt 'welcome' -> goes within 1 second to ring group.

I want to add this:

Destination if no answer -> mobile phone -> if nobody anwser the mobile phone/timeout -> prompt 'please call back later'. -> end call

I don't want to record it myself, I already have prompts ready to say that. How can I setup the last two?

2. briankayser

I didn't test this out but, thinking it out, this may work...

Setup an extension specifically for the mobile phone, put the mobile number in there, and on forwarding rules configure it to "Ring my extension and my mobile at the same time." You don't need to setup a real phone on it. Then this will be your destination if no answer from your ring group. If the mobile doesn't answer you can use the extension's "no answer" option to send it to another ring group that says "please call back later" and ends the call. You need to make sure the number of seconds for ringing is shorter than the time it takes for the cell phone to kick in it's own voicemail, otherwise it may consider it picked up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wimlex9

Is it also possible to turn off the system prompts?

4. briankayser

Like what? The "Thank you, Good bye?"

I don't know of any setting to do this, however, you could record a 1 second blank thankyou_goodbye.wav for example.
    Or possibly just delete that file from your active prompt set - I don't know if that would be 3CX recommended or not - but I just tried it and it worked.

Mine was found below, I don't know if the last HEX folder is unique to my install or not. This is the "Standard English Prompts Set"

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Prompts\Sets\8210986B-9412-497f-AD77-3A554F4A9BDB

This would be system - wide. You could do that with any prompt to essential turn it off.

Let me know if it works for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. wimlex9

Hello,

"bye" and "please hold" yes.

I'm running on Debian (linux) not on Windows.I can't delete it in the control panel.

6. briankayser

I think what I mentioned should work, so you will have to figure out how to do in on Debian. I myself am not familiar with how you can do it on Debian. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.