Forward to Outside Number hangs calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by orlando2606, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orlando2606

I have configured my 3CX to forward calls to an outside number after office hours this works fine except for when the call is answered both the inbound and outbound calls get hang after the respective parties has disconnected I would have to manually go to the Port/Trunk Status and disconnect these calls

I have 2 4 Port Patton 4114 Gateways along with 7 analog lines and its configured to with the US tones profile but I still don't understand why it would not drop the calls after both parties disconnect

I did a little log for reference below and the call keeps active until I manually disconnect it

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It is most likely happening because the Gateway is not set properly to recognise a disconnect.

This can happen in a number of ways depending on what your provider sends (or doesn't). It could be a short drop in line voltage, (called party control), or, a disconnect tone. Some providers don't sent the first, and the second must be set correctly in the gateway options. The particular tone will vary from country to country, and sometimes provider to provider.

In addition, some gateways have a silence timer, some even monitor VoIP and PSTN separately. If there is no conversation for a given time, the call will drop. This option is tricky to set correctly as it will sometimes drop a call if you are on hold, and listening to hold music at a low level. There are usually thresholds, but some trial and error may be required.

CPC is the best, but check with your provider to be sure that it is being sent, and check that it is enabled in the gateway. Some gateways are capable of detecting a current reversal when the called party answers. This can also be used if the gateway supports it. It tends to be an extra cost option with most providers.

3. orlando2606

Thank for the speedy reply Leejor, I have played around with the disconnect signals quite a bit before making this post but was unsuccessful, what has me a bit confused is when normal outgoing calls are made or we have incoming calls from the 3CX system and they are disconnected by the users the Patton gateways 100% of the times releases the line so that tells me that the disconnection signals are somewhat configured ok, but its just when I do the forward to outside number I get these hang calls any other suggestions

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

But... in these types of calls, 3CX knows that the extension has hung up and drops the call.

Try calling an outside number, let them hang up but keep the extension off hook. Does the trunk drop after some time? Do you eventually hear a disconnect tone?

When you have two trunks connected together, 3CX relies on one end to signal a disconnect so that it can drop the cross connect. It should drop if just one end provides that signal, however if the gateway never does, and in this case, both legs of the call go through the same gateway, then the call may never drop.

5. orlando2606

I Tried the scenario you suggested and well you were correct when the remote party hang up the call was not disconnected and on the 3CX end was a very fast busy tone for about 10 seconds then it stopped and when silent (Dead air) but the call was never disconnected until I hung up on the 3CX side

I think the Telco might be using some type of none traditional tones for signaling and they are very reluctant in giving out this info is it possible for the Patton gateway to detect these tones in a debug session or any other type of equipment or software capable of doing this or if possible also a silent detection that would automatically discount to call when it gets the silent signal I was checking in the Patton settings but I don't see anything about silent disconnection

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not all gateways will have the silence detection feature. If you list your provider, someone else may have the tone information for them. I don't know why they would not supply the tone information, it's not like it's a state secret. Most providers will use the same tone set that the majority of companies use, in the same country, but not always.

Did you ask if they provide the disconnect (current removal) when the far end party hangs up? Do you have that option enabled on the gateway?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.