• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forward to ring group but continue ringing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyosifov

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We've been using 3CX Phone System v6 for over a year now and we're really pleased with it. But recently we migrated to version 8 and there is a problem we cannot solve.
I'll keep it simple: let's say we have 3 extensions - 10, 11 and 12. They all are in ring group 21. What we want is when ext 10 ring for 10 sec. the call to be forwarded to ring group 21, so that all three extensions 10, 11 and 12 to ring. This was easy with 3CX PS v6 - you just forward to ring roup. However, in v8, when we do it, ext 10 rings, then it forwards the call to ext 11 and 12, but it stops ringing itself. I tried all kinds of configurations including Call Queues, but nothing seems to work. Could somebody give me a tip :)

P.S. I forgot to mention that we use Linksys SPA921 and Grandstream GXP2000 IP phones.

I almost sound like 3Cx is now smart enough to recognize that since the first extension didn't answer there is probably no point in continue to ring it. Have you tried putting the first ext in a ring group on it's own AND in the second ring group with the others, then have the first ring group forward to the second?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.