Forward to Voicemail on Extension Busy Error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jimbo631, Jan 7, 2008.

1. jimbo631

Hi all,

I'm using version 5.0.3752.0 (free version) and trying to get it all set up and working correctly before purchasing; I intend on purchasing it because I need call queuing which is only available in the paid version. But I have a problem that I need some advice on first. As I said in another post, I'm not all that willing to buy something unless I know it will work for me, so I need this resolved before buying.

I've got the system set up so that if my extension is busy (my extension is the only one, and it uses the 3CX VOIP softphone), it should transfer that call to voicemail. But instead, if I'm currently on the line (e.g. the line should be "busy") it still forwards the call to me even though I have it set to go to voicemail. I've tried to forward it to other places as well, no luck.

I'm using the "Use PBX Status" option for busy detection. No luck.

Any ideas?????[/code]

2. jimbo631

Ok so I found out that if I disable STUN resolution on the 3cx VOIP phone, then what happens is it refuses to transfer the call at all, saying "call transfer failed." So obviously this is some network issue. When I have STUN disabled on the softphone, here's my log file:

Code:
    06:03:33.935  	Call::RouteFailed  	[CM503014]: Call(35): Attempt to reach [sip:100@127.0.0.1] failed. Reason: Busy
    06:03:33.935 	CallCtrl::onSelectRouteReq 	[CM503013]: Call(35): No known route to target: [sip:100@127.0.0.1]
    I've no idea why it's calling 127.0.0.1, but if I enable STUN then it just sends the call to me irrespective of whether I have the system set to forward to voicemail. In addition, if I have STUN enabled on the softphone, then a single incoming call rings on lines 1 and 2, and if I'm already on the line it then rings on lines 2 and 3.

Any clues???

3. jimbo631

I suppose I should add that I have configured the outbound dialing plan through BroadVoice to route any calls not preceded by "9" to call on "Extension." So that's why I'm so confused; I mean it should work, no?