Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forward to Voilcemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andew, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andew

Hi,
    We are setting up our 3cx and are loving it. But we have one problem.

I want unanswered calls to go to voice mail. I have set a forward rule to forward unanswered calls, for all numbers, for all hours to voicemail for the extension that has been rung.

eg:

ext 206 - forward unanswered calls, all hours, all numbers, to voicemail, destination 206.

if i ring 206 from anther extension 206 rings for about 60's then gives a beeping tone.

if i set it to forward all calls, it works, if i set to forward on busy, it works, just not on no answer

Any idea?

3cx Version :7.0.4249.0
    we are using PSTN phones with Zoom VOIP ATA adapters.

Also how do i backup the system settings, and then restore them?

All help is gratefully recieved

Toby

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

I suspect that the forward on no answer is hitting some ring timeout at telco level. Is it possible that the telco times out at or before 60 seconds?

Try to set the forward on no answer to 15 or 30 seconds and see the outcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. andew

I never did say thanks for this. it sorted out my problem :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.