Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forward Voice Mail to a Queue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cynthia Slade, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynthia Slade

Can I set up an extension that goes directly to voicemail and after a caller leaves a message it will forward the voicemail to a queue?
    Does anyone have this setup, or anything similar? Thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the caller presses * they will be sent to the operator extension. If you do not have an operator then is can be sent on to queue. I haven't tested to see if a message is retained, if the caller "jumps" off to the operator. You'd have to try it out. If it does work, you would have to inform the callers to press * at the end of their message.

That is about the only place (at least, in version 10) that callers can go once landing in a voice mailbox.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Previous reply seems misguided as it talks about leaving a mailbox instead of leaving a message. It sounds like you want to send the Voicemail to many recipients. I think you would have to use Send Voicemail to Email and create an Email Group with the Queue people in it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry, I saw Queue and thought "call Queue", they want to then send the caller into a Queue after leaving a message, for some reason.

5. Cynthia Slade

To clarify: The company would like to be able to have a caller to leave a message in the "emergency repair" mailbox and then have the 3CX system notify a call queue or group that a message is waiting. They do not want it sent by email - they want it sent by phone/msg.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Perhaps, something like....http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Ring-Group-Department-mailbox/71758-9854

7. craigreilly

lots of votes there. hopefully it will be transferred to the new system and considered by 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

This doesn't seem like any kind of a likely change since it would be a big modification of the voicemail system. You want someone to leave a voicemail, but you don't want it handled like a voicemail and you want voicemail notifications sent by phone which is also not something normal. I understand the use case but not sure how it would get implemented.

9. craigreilly

I think he wants it to be distro'd to members of a queue - not really to the phone - but notify them with the BLF.
    And when they listen to the message via the system extension - have it say "Message for Call Queue xxxxx from ______ "

I do not use call groups - but can see the need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.