• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forwarded Calls and Picked Up Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewmbioquell

Reaction score
Hi,

First post!

Not too sure how I would search for this one so I'll try and explain my two points as clearly as possible. We used to have an Avaya IP Office 500 system, and there are two features that myself and other users have noticed 3CX doesn't appear to do or I can't find the option to do this. The phones we are using with 3CX are Yealink T42S on the whole with the exception of some Yealink conference phones and dect phones.

Forwarded Calls

1. When a call is forwarded from another extension previously the phone would display who forwarded the call as well as the number of the person who placed the call originally. Is there a way this can be achieved in 3CX?
  2. Forwarded calls if not answered do not bounce back to the originators voicemail but go to the forwarded extension's voicemail instead. Can this be changed so that if a call is not answered it goes back to its original destination's mailbox?
  3. We have two users who forward their phones to each other if not answered, in reference to number 2 by doing this their calls bounce back and forward and not to their voicemail if one doesn't answer the other's phone.
Picked Up Calls

When another user picks up another call in the group, the person dialling has no clue as to who actually picked up their phone. It still displays the person who they called, and in my case the other day I carried on chatting with the person like I was talking to the person I wanted. Can the display be updated to say who has picked up the call?​

I think I can address one of your questions. Rather than have the call "bounce" between the two extensions, forward the missed call to a ring group that contains the two extensions. I think that will achieve what you want. Alternatively, you could send the callers to the ring group at the start? The rest is not possible in 3CX as far as I know...

I think I can address one of your questions. Rather than have the call "bounce" between the two extensions, forward the missed call to a ring group that contains the two extensions. I think that will achieve what you want. Alternatively, you could send the callers to the ring group at the start? The rest is not possible in 3CX as far as I know...

Ring group's won't solve this I don't think as these are two users phones with DDI's assigned to them and they will have handed their own personal DDIs to our customers/suppliers. This also doesn't account for internal calls either.

Forwarded calls if not answered do not bounce back to the originators voicemail but go to the forwarded extension's voicemail instead. Can this be changed so that if a call is not answered it goes back to its original destination's mailbox?

I could see this causing some problems.. calls transferred from a receptionist ending up in the reception mailbox. The person doing the transfer, having nothing to do with the destination (department?) now having to "deal" with the messages left for them when the caller wished to leave a message for the set that didn't answer.
I think you would get more problems than your solution would prevent.

We have two users who forward their phones to each other if not answered, in reference to number 2 by doing this their calls bounce back and forward and not to their voicemail if one doesn't answer the other's phone.

It would seem that the problem is that the two people seem to be unaware of when the other is , or isn't available. A solution would be to put both extension numbers on both of their sets. It would give both the opportunity to answer the others line, ye,t if unanswered, it would still go to the correct voicemail. They also need make each other more aware of who isn't going to be at their desk that day.

When another user picks up another call in the group, the person dialling has no clue as to who actually picked up their phone. It still displays the person who they called, and in my case the other day I carried on chatting with the person like I was talking to the person I wanted. Can the display be updated to say who has picked up the call?

I assume you are talking about internal callers. This would require a re-Invite, not sure if this can be done with a setting, or requires a specific set to implement. In the case of your particular call...perhaps employees need to be instructed to identify themselves, ("Shipping department, this is Bob") when answering a call in the work environment.

For any feature(s) that you feel could be added, or improved in 3CX, there is the Ideas forum to put forward your suggestions.

https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.