Forwarded calls not going to voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bulmershe, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulmershe

Hi,

We are a new 3CX customer; the system has been running for about 2 months now. I'm sure the problem we're having is an obvious one but I've not been able to find a resolution so far.

The problem is related to calls that are forwarded to internal extensions by our receptionist. We have a forwarding rule set on every extension that forwards the call to voicemail if unanswered after 15 seconds. This works for any direct call to the extension (internal or external), however, calls forwarded internally by our reception desk will ring perpetually and never go to voicemail.

We have a another issue which I think might be related:- one of our departments has two handsets configured against the same extension number. Any direct calls to that extension will ring both handsets (which is what we want), however, any calls forwarded by reception will ring only one phone.

Where in 3CX do I go, to configure the call handling behavior for forwarded calls to be the same as for direct calls?

Thanks,
    Keith.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

On the first issue, look at the forwarding rules again. There is an additional setting. Look for " Different behavior for internal calls". You can use this setting to determine how calls from internal extensions should be handled.

On the second issue, what make/model of phone (s)? What type of transfer?

If you have both phones registered and working to the same extension (look in phones and see if BOTH phone and their respective IP addresses show), then I assume that there should be no reason that both would not ring. I suggest you take a look at the event logs as this will show how the system is processing the call. Ideally, you would see both being contacted by the system.

3. jasit

jasit New Member

I had a similar issue with my yealink phones. you want to disable the semi-attended transfers. It all seems to be about timing. If the receptionist hits the transfer button dials the number, waits to hear it ring and then hangs up or hits the transfer button again, the calls seem to be outside of 3cx, so they don't go to voice mail and the phones just ring and ring.

if the receptionist hits the transfer button, dials the extention and hits the transfer button again right away, no issue.

hope this helps.

Jasit.

4. Bulmershe

Hi,

Many thanks for your responses - that's put me on the right track. I'll look in to both of these and also check with reception to see how they are transferring the calls.

We are indeed using Yealink handsets. Our reception phone is a T46 and the office phones are T19's.

If I disable semi-attended transfer on the T46, and reception still attempt a semi-attended transfer, what happens to the call?

Best Regards,
    Keith.

5. TomBurbury

Was there any ever solution to this problem found?

I too am a new 3CX customer (using 3CX 12.5) and I am having problems with transferred calls going to voicemail. We have 100+ telephones (mainly Snom) on our system and for the most part everything works fine. The only issue I have is calls transferred to extensions that have voicemail enabled.

Most of our extensions are set to bounce calls back to reception if they are not answered within 30 seconds and this works ok. The problem arises if the extension has voicemail enabled in which case the call just gets cut off after the 30 second period.

To be clear any calls made directly to the DDI of the extension or from an internal extension directly will go to voicemail without a problem after the requisite period, the issue only occurs for transferred calls and then only for calls from outside of our internal 3CX network. Transferred internal calls work ok.

I'd appreciate any guidance on this if anyone has found a resolution?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.