Forwarded numbers caller id on display?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ebhakt, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebhakt

Hi
    I have a unique number forwarding requirement .
    Appreciate if you guys would help >>

I have one number which is AAAAAAAAAA
    My 3cx is setup on number BBBBBBBBBB

The number AAAAAAAAAA is set to forward all incoming calls to BBBBBBBBBB
    AAAAAAAAAA → BBBBBBBBBB

Now somebody call in (to AAAAAAAAAA) , lets say his number is CCCCCCCCCC
    CCCCCCCCCC → AAAAAAAAAA

Its but-obvious that the call gets forwarded to BBBBBBBBBB
    So its like this:
    CCCCCCCCCC → AAAAAAAAAA → BBBBBBBBBB
    then the call will automatically come on BBBBBBBBBB and normally we will get the CCCCCCCCCC on 3cx Phone's(the phone client) caller id, but we need both nos. on caller id i.e. (CCCCCCCCCC) and (AAAAAAAAAA) or name if possible.

Is this possible?
    If it is can you re-direct me on how to accomplish this by giving some directions?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Please clarify...AAAAAAAAAA is forwarded to BBBBBBBBBB by what means? Is it done by the provider? If that is the case, then you won't get the AAAAAAAAAA number showing, only the originators number (and name) will be passed on. Not the number they are dialling.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Normally the used convention is 'Number A' for caller, 'Number B' for callee and "Number C' for call forward destination.

Your post is related to the following two general questions:

• is it possible to forward / transfer the call to specific destination 'C', based on caller-id 'A'; the answer is yes and can be achieved via setting inbound rules for the provider; please consult the admin manual of 3CX Phone System

• is it possible to present the originator's caller-id ('A' number) to final destination 'C'; the answer is yes, however this may be restricted by provider for external destinations, if so -- you may use 'Rebound' feature of 3CX as workaround; again please consult the admin manual of 3CX Phone System or search the blog how-to-do or forums for details

Hope this clarification helps.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi eagle2, Hi all,

we have the same situation here. I know, that I can display the caller (A) or the callee ID (B) on the forward destination Phone (C). But what I want is to display both the callerID and the callee ID (like "A->B" or "A->B->C"). The person answering the phone wants to know, who is calling and who is he trying to call.

It is about internal forward destinations only.

Can this be achivied? I read something about header rewrite rules.

The forwarding often occurs at the phone (Yealink T46G). In the future more people will use the forwarding features of 3cx via the status forwarind rules. But at the moment people are using their phones.

best regards Frank

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware, it's one number, or the other. One issue that I could see arising, especially when you throw in name display as well, is the limitation with the size of the end users display device. While a few sets may have a huge display capable of doing what you want, most, are limited, and would result in information being truncated.

Currently, 3CX can add a ring group, or Queue name to the number to help identify what destination the caller was originally destined for. Again, you have to limit the size of the name you add, as it can cause some of the callers information, to "disappear".

6. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi leejor,

thanks a lot for your message.

I think it's fine for people with small-display phones to not request this feature. I don't think it to should be mandatory anyway, so nobody would have an disadvantage if this feature was available. But for our phones and a lot of the modern IP-phones it would be really nice. We already had this feature on our Siemens 20 years old pbx. People here are missing this feature a lot and it does make a lot of scene to me, to know who is calling and who he wants to talk to.

We can use ringgroups and queues as a work-around. But we will only configure those for some very special phones and forwarding settings. It's just way to much work an to complicated ot maintain.

I added a feature request:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/post174912.html#p174912

Vote on it, if you like it.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The reason that your old PBX was able to offer this, is most likely, that it was a proprietary system. In other words, they got to set the rules (of how the PBX interacted with the sets) and didn't have to follow standards that others also had to use. When you are offering a product that has to work with a variety of sets, and sticking to a set of standards that all others are trying to follow, then your options are a bit more limited.

8. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi leejor,

I didn't want to be rude. I want to apologise, if I offended you. I myself love 3cx. It's way ahead of most of the competition. It really iterates very quickly, has great soft-clients, has a very open "community" and support architecture and they partner and support a lot of hardware manufactures. The pricing policy is very transparent and fair, too.

That being said, I was a little irritated by the comment " most phones have a display that is way to small showing this info anyway". I am personally in the situation, that people are missing the feature the Siemens pbx supported and 20 years back displays already were big enough. It's totally fine, if the developer tell me, that this it is not possible or far to complicated to implement (due to the open standards you mentioned). But I do not respect some reasoning why users would not appreciate it. I am a user and I don't want to be told what is best for me.

I will write another post here soon asking some questions about possible work arounds and solutions. I really would appreciate, if you or someone with deeper SIP and developer know how could join the discussion than.

best regards Frank

9. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

I am sure it already can be done, because there is documentation about the feature in the Yealinks documents:

page 189 Yealink_SIP-T4X_IP_Phones_Administrator_Guide_V73_40

and
    in http://www.yealink.com/Upload/UCOne/Yealink-SIP-Phone-Release-Note-of-Version-71.pdf

It looks to me like the feature can work with the phone being correctly configured. But maybe the pbx needs to support it, too. I just have no idea what to do, how to switch the phone to display this diversion/history headers

The phones are set
    features.fwd_diversion_enabled = 1
    which is the default setting anyway.

best regards Frank

10. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi all,

I now got some infos from the Yealink support:
    The phones can show diverted calls with both the caller and the caller-ID

Screenshot of phone showing incoming call
    [​IMG]

Many thanks to Peter from Yealink
    Unfortunately 3cx doesn't seem to write a diversion header, at least this is what the test done by Yealink suppose:
    broadsoft SIP header includes the diversion header:

[​IMG]

3cx doesn't:

[​IMG]

In 3CX PBX didn’t insert the Diversion header in the INVITE message, so it didn’t display the caller and callee information.

So there seem to be no (or limited) Diversion Header support by 3cx. I added a feature request here: post174912.html?hilit=diversion#p174912

Best regars Frank

11. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Here is the idea in the idea-Forum:
    post174912.html?hilit=diversion#p174912

Stefan Walther from 3cx just comfirmed that diverson headers are currently available for external forwarding only. The idea is to have the same functionality for internal call forwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.