Forwarding a Voxbone Number to 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by OniEclipse, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OniEclipse

Hi, all.

I posted a topic some time ago asking if anyone knew specifics about forwarding a number from a voxbone account to our 3cx system.

As I understand, from the voxbone side, all I need to do is point the DID to {E164}@ipaddress. If I'm incorrect, please let me know.

However, I want to know just what to do from the 3cx side. Do I need to set up a DID or Voip Provider? And does anyone know what settings I'll need. Past that, I know how to forward to an extension and start troubleshooting so if I can just get the settings I'll need for Voxbone that'd be great.

Thanks in advance.

2. tekknow

What you want will not be easy with 3cx here is why

1) voxbone originates DIDs from Multiple IP addresses
    2) 3cx does not allow a DID provider multiple IP addresses.
    3) Each voxbone IP will need to be set up as a provider
    4) Although it is theoretically possible to allow anonymous SIP inbounds for 3cx, I think this only works to an extension, if at all. From my experience everything needed to come in from a "known" source

:Looks like Fixed IP authorizations (trunks and extensions) are one of the things that need some work in thgis product

Easier to do this:
    1) Find a SIP provider geographically close to you that allows you to send annonymous SIP calls or DIDs froim Voxbone.
    2) send DID to said provider
    3) register to said provider and recive the DIDs via registration

if you are looking for a provider in the Americas that can do this try http://www.supernettel.com . SuperNetTel offers this for anyone using outbound minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.