Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forwarding and Yealink Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TCF, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF

TCF

I am trying to get a couple Yealink phones to forward to a cell phone when they are in DND mode, but it is not working for both internal nor external calls. When I turn on DND no matter what forwarding options I selected it always just goes straight to voicemail. The only way I've been able to get it to forward is by putting it on DND and using the "When Phone is Busy" Send to my mobile number. This unfortunately won't work as intended. Any suggestions? Or does DND forwarding just not work on Yealink Phones?

2. tim942

First, check your DND codes on the phone. Should be *32 on and *30 off. They were *61 and *60 on the template before v14.
    Second, make sure you have the "Do Not Disturb" profile set correctly in 3CX. The calls should not be hitting your deskphone at all if it is.

Let me know if this helped.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

is the Yealink sending a * code to 3cx when hitting DND? ( *32 ?)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. engin411

engin411 New Member

We use this on T46G phones.
    In the phone, I use the "DND" DSS key.
    In the 3CX settings for that phone, in the Forwarding tab, I have DND set to "send to voicemail".
    Works fine as far as I know. But re-reading your question, maybe this doesn't help your problem.

Attached Files:

5. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Check the provisioning template of the phone, or even better, check the exported config file of the phone.
    there is somthing like:
    features.dnd.on_code = *32
    features.dnd.off_code = *30

or if, not working:
    features.dnd.on_code = *61
    features.dnd.off_code = *60

there are several related settings, too.

6. TCF

TCF

I changed my dial codes from *61 and *60 to *32 and *30 but it is still going directly to voicemail when I put it on DND instead of forwarding. The only place I have it set to send directly to voicemail is if the Phone is Busy, and by changing the When Phone is Busy to forward to cell phone it works, but for some reason the DND is not triggering correctly when using the button. Manually dialing *32 has the same effect, it's using the Busy rule.

We have someone who sometimes works in the office, but other times works from home. When she is in the office we want her phone to ring here, the days she is home we wan't it to forward to her house number. Having her turn on or off DND when she leaves work seemed like the best solution.

7. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Below shows the area of the Yealink template that addresses the DND functionality in the 3CX supplied templates. If not familiar with the settings, you can get the admin manual from the Yealink site which may explain the options in more detail. There is a duplicate setting for each account as the model phone can support more than one extension/account. You also have the option of setting one of the BLF keys under the phone provisioning tab to change the status which may provide a more informative presence detail to those using presence. I assume it possible that one could be in the office physically and still have a need to be DND for a short period.

If you are provisioning the phone directly from 3CX using V14, then the parameters should be populated by whatever codes you have set for DND as the variables (%%param.....) are already set.
    #######################################################################################
    ## DND ##
    #######################################################################################

#Configure the DND key mode; 0-Phone mode (default), 1-Custom mode.
    features.dnd_mode = 0
    features.dnd.enable =

#Configure the DND on code and off code.
    features.dnd.on_code = %%param::DIALCODEPROFILE%%2
    features.dnd.off_code = %%param::DIALCODEPROFILE%%0
    features.dnd.emergency_enable = 0
    features.dnd.emergency_authorized_number =

#Enable or disable the DND feautre for account1; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled;
    account.1.dnd.enable = 0

#Configure the DND on code and off code for account1.
    account.1.dnd.on_code = %%param::DIALCODEPROFILE%%2
    account.1.dnd.off_code = %%param::DIALCODEPROFILE%%0

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

When I provisioned a T46, the following is what showed in the provisioning file:

## DND ##

#Configure the DND key mode; 0-Phone mode (default), 1-Custom mode.
    features.dnd_mode = 0
    features.dnd.enable =

#Configure the DND on code and off code.
    features.dnd.on_code = *32
    features.dnd.off_code = *30
    features.dnd.emergency_enable = 0
    features.dnd.emergency_authorized_number =

#Enable or disable the DND feautre for account1; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled;
    account.1.dnd.enable = 0

#Configure the DND on code and off code for account1.
    account.1.dnd.on_code = *32
    account.1.dnd.off_code = *30

So, on the surface, it appears that the codes were populated, but it may be that the code needs to be enabled as it shows disabled above. You can check the admin manual and then modify the enable portion of the template accordingly as there does not appear to be an issue with the codes, only perhaps with the feature being activated.

8. TCF

TCF

This makes sense, but even after changing account.1.dnd.enable = 1 and reprovisioning it still doesn't seem to be working. My 3CX provider is suppose to be calling me soon, I will let y'all know how I make out.

9. lneblett

Maybe I am missing it, but you indicated: "I changed my dial codes from *61 and *60 to *32 and *30 but it is still going directly to voicemail when I put it on DND instead of forwarding" and yet when I look at the earlier post you show it being set to go to vmail.

Attached Files:

10. TCF

TCF

I believe you are looking at engin411's attachment in this thread, I haven't uploaded any images, I have DND, and AWAY set to forward to a Mobile Number. It seems that all DND is doing for me is setting my phone to look Busy. If I change the settings in the Busy state I get whichever option I select for Phone is Busy when calling the phone that is in DND mode.

11. lneblett

Well then, my apologies....just couldn't be that simple could it?

12. craigreilly

When you hit DND on the phone, does 3cxPhone for Windows change presence or do you see the presence change under the extension in the Management console?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. tim942

I have Yealink phones and the DND works perfectly fine for me. Does *32 work on it's own? Does your status look like this or is it still available?

Attached Files:

14. TCF

TCF

Starting with Status Available I did the following in the order listed.
    I first dialed *32 -> Verbally says DND is on -> 3CX Phone says extension is Available , but there is a red box with a line through it showing away.
    IF I manually change Status back to Available in 3CX Phone -> 3CX Phone shows presence Available, but it still shows the away box.
    IF I next dial *31 -> Verbally says DND is off -> 3CX Phone still says Available, but now the away box is green.
    IF I next manually set my status in 3CX Phone to DND -> 3CX Phone presence now says Do Not Disturb - Forward Mobile

So it seems that the DND buttons and the DND *31 , *32 are only toggling the away presence. The only way I am able to get it into DND mode is to manually toggle the presence in 3CX Phone. This will not work because only 2 computers are on the new phone system, the operator and the server, all other computers are kept on a seperate network to isolate traffic.

15. tim942

Take a look at your dial codes in 3CX (Setting->Advanced->Dial codes) and compare them to the defaults at http://www.3cx.com/blog/extension-user-manual/dial-codes/

If those are good than you may have a problem with 3CX and not the phones. *31 and *32 should have said "Away status set", and "Out of Office status set" respectively (standard English prompts).

16. craigreilly

I'm guessing the dial codes are not correct in 3cx.
    Sounds like *3 is triggering the DND commands instead of Presence.

17. TCF

TCF

Is there a list of the correct dial codes to use? I have DND OFF *30 and DND ON *32 set in dial codes. I am running V14 SP1

18. craigreilly

DND should be "6"
    Then use "3" for presence.

Attached Files:

19. TCF

TCF

Thank You that did the trick! I can't get the DND button to set my presence but this works just as well

20. craigreilly

So the DND button on the phone needs to be daling * codes.
    Ensure it is dialing these *3 codes.
    It is under Account on the Webgui I think, but also in the templates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.