Forwarding call to another VPNed Enterprise to Cellular._.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DomoJP, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DomoJP

Thanks for reading my post!!!

First off, we have Company A and Company B.

Both of them have 3cx w/ Spa400 as gateway.

No problems so far, they can call, receive and all.

They are in VPN so they can communicate together ( of course ) so if I call from the external to B, I can contact phones from A since they have the same phone extension on both system.

If user 1 (from company A) setup his phone to forward to his celular, lets say 555-4444, and someone call him through the telephone number of Company A, everything goes All right. I get transfered to his cellular ( using two line, of course._.).

But if I call Company B and do extension of User 1, it doesnt work at all. Remove the call forward and no problem, it'll call to that phone.

If you have any Idea how to fix this, or if you need more infos, just tag me over here ;)

Thanks!!!

DomoJP!

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

ども DomoJP,

This part i did not understand, could you clear this up a bit?

You mean that You call User 1 In Company B and the call does not go through to him?
    But if you remove the forwarding rule of User 1 in Company A, then you are able to call User 1 in Company B?

そのようなことか

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DomoJP

lets say I have 6 users in all the company, distributed in the company A (3) and B(3).

In my two 3cx system, (A-B) i have 6 extension.

1-2-3 : A
    4-5-6 : B

But people who call doesn't always know where the people they want to talk are... A or B ?

So the point of my system is that Whereever they call, A or B they can join who they want.

So... if user 1, set his forward to his cellular, and that I call Company A, it works well, the caller get transfered to his cellular.

But if the caller call the company B, make the extension for user 1, the phone of the user 1 will ring !!! Call forward is not applied !

Is it cause call forward don't work for transfered call from the other company ?

Thanks for your time.

( Are those which you writed Kanji ? (ども) )

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming each company has a unique PSTN number.

555-1234 =A
    444-2234 =B
    A caller is dialing 555-1234 (office A's number) but want to talk to Ext 4 at office B. Do they get transferred or use the IVR to choose Ext 4?

I would suggest a post of the 3CX logs of the failing call from one office to the extension that has call forward applied. That would show why the call forward rule isn't being followed. If a call within the same 3CX works properly (call forwards to the cellular) then you could compare the log from the working call.

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

If i understood you correctly you would need to create a Forwarding rule for USER1 in Company B as well.
    You have 2 Different PBX's, you would need to create separate forwarding rules for each extension.

And no, that's written in Hiragana, and means Domo which means Hello in Japanese, i saw your Name DomoJP and automatically thought you were Japanese, sorry about that :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.