• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forwarding - Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckatterl

Forum User
Reaction score
Dear all,

when someone calls from external to a local extension and this local extension forwards the call to another external number (for example a mobile phone). On this mobile phone, it does not show the original external number. What it shows, consists of the main-phone number of the office (which forwards) and the original number...
How can i resolve this, to show only the "real" external (original) number?

BTW, i am on v15

BR, Christian

Hi there,
This is something that need to be changed in the outbound parameter of your trunk. In which field the change needs to be made depends on your provider though. In gateways usually you need to set "originator caller ID" in From.Display Name and From:User Part. For sip trunks this realy depends on your provider. I would recommend contacting them before you do any changes

Last edited:
OK - my "Provider" is a Patton Gateway, connected via sip-trunk....?
Another Question: When dialling from a phone which is logged into a queue, the real phone caller id is sent instead of the id of the queue.
In the extension property "outbound caller id" of the phone, i set the number of the queue to send...but its not working?

What type of Patton gateway are you using? If it is going to work (passing on the CID that you want), then first off, your provider must allow it, and usually, it is sent over a SIP trunk. If your gateway is connected to a PRI, then it may work, but again, depending on what your provider allows. Some limit you to sending numbers that you are currently are paying for.

If they do allow it, you may have to change some of the outbound settings in the trunk group of 3CX, there are a few that can affect what CID is used. There is also a possibility that something in the gateway may have to be changed.

Most telecom providers will not allow you to send original caller ID (A) to final call recipient (C). Instead of this you'll see intermediate caller ID (B) of the PBX, regardless of outbound parameters settings like "originator caller ID" or will block the outbound call. This is done for security reasons.

Possible solution:
In version 14 was possible to make call forwarding via operator, using "302 diversion header" found in the forwarding tab of the extension settings. Unfortunately this setting is gone in version 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.