• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forwarding CallerID to mobile (Caller-ID-Passthrough)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny McIver

Reaction score
It's been asked a few different ways, but I couldn't find reference to the response I got from our SIP provider (CallCentric).

When forwarding unanswered calls to mobile, we want to pass the external callerID to our mobile -- we're not having any issue passing correct CallerID on our trunks otherwise, it's just in these circumstances our mobile shows our DID not the original CallerID.

Setting P-Asserted-Identity - Calling Party: User Part to "OriginatorCallerID" or custom value of "In-Reply-To" or leaving default all yield the same result -- shows the CallerID of the SIP trunk used for the forwarded call.

Any thoughts from you smart 3CX guys out there?

From CallCentric support:
We support Caller-ID-Passthrough (http://www.callcentric.com/features/caller_id_pass_through), however your phone system needs to support In-Reply-To in order for this to work. While other PBXes like Asterisk do support this we believe that 3CX does not since there is no reference to it in their documentation.

In-Reply-To is defined in the SIP RFC (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3261.txt) and is used as a way to pass original caller ID in forwarded calls and prevent spoofing at the same time since it references the call ID of the original call that is being forwarded.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask us.​

Sounds as if you have made the changes that normally allows the number to be passed on with other providers (where it is permitted). The In-Reply-to reference, is the first time I've seen that come up. I have to assume that it is an attempt, as it says, to prevent spoofing. If it's a requirement that becomes common amongst providers, then, if there is not a way to implement it now on 3CX, there probably soon will be.

Reactions: craigreilly
Have you tried: "From : User Part" - "OriginatorCallerID" ?

Reactions: craigreilly
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.