Forwarding calls from system - passing wrong caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TheBigEye, Aug 24, 2007.

1. TheBigEye

When I have the system forwards calls to my cell phone, it doesn't send the caller's id, rather it send the caller ID of my phone number. Any way to change this??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If i understand this correctly?

Call comes into 3CX
    Is forwarded from 3CX to your Cell PHone using either PSTN or VSP

Your VSP or PSTN number shows on the Caller Display of your Cell Phone.

The answer is..... No the CLID of the last leg of the call will be displayed as that is from your cell phone point of view the call initiator.

If your cell phone is WiFi and for this reason uses SIP you might be able to do something but from 3CX to your Cell phone your PSTN or VSP number is used as CLID.

3. TheBigEye

So there is no way for the system to send me the caller ID of the person calling. If I have the calls forwarded to my cell phone, I'm always going to see my own phone number as the caller id?? Other systems can do this.... will this be a feature added on??

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will have to have a closer look at this for you, but at this stage it is the way I told you (to the best of my knowledge atm).

I have a play, but honestly I do not like your chances.

If you say "other systems" which other systems might that be?

5. TheBigEye

I used a hosted ipbx system about a year ago from Aptela. They run (or did run) Asterisk and when calls were forwarded from the system to the cell phone, I got the caller ID of the person calling and not my own phone number. It's not a major deal... just a nice request.

6. jrme1

Re:

Hi, i have the same problem. I have and Grandstream HT-488 on Caracas and i live in Belgium. My Grandstream 488 is an extension connected to a PSTN line, and he transfer my calls to my SIP Phone here in belgium, or if the SIP Phone is off, transfer the call to my cell phone using an Portech MV-370 with another extension number.

All the time i only see the extension number from the Grandstream (101), not the caller id from the PSTN incoming number in Caracas, because 3CX System only permit use the caller id from the postgres database.

I wrote this about a few months... http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5170#5170

Maybe can be useful add this feature in a future release. My solution is add an line from another SIP provider in your 3cx system, and change the Grandstream for another number from the same provider, then the calling can be receive trought this external provider. But, some time i have problems with the 3CX system, because show PRIVATE as caller id and not the ID number. And i be sure is not and private caller id :(

So i think, you can receive in your cellphone the caller id from the original caller only if you cellphone provider permit change the originators callers ID, otherwise you only see you own phone number (the number was tranfer the call from SIP to GSM, in my case my own number in the MV-370).

Try with other provider and add this line to your 3cx system.