Forwarding Calls on Yealink T46G: "Resume" not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Frank D, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

I experience the following bug:
    A calls B. B initiates an attended forward to C (A is put on hold), but C doesn't pick up and B presses "forward" anyway.

Than a call on hold will be shown on Bs phone. Pressing "Resume" doesn't resume the call. Pressing "Conference" results in an "Transfer failed" error. The call on hold can't be ended pressing "end call". So all the time A is listening to hold music and there is no way to change this for B. As soon as Cs phone stops ringing, As call (listening to waiting music) will be terminated, too.

The behaviour I expect after pressing "forward" being in attended transfer mode, is that A and C are connected and A can hear the phone ringing. And I expect "resume" to be working or the phone or not to show the call on hold at all (as it has already be forwarded).

I made two Videos for this behaviour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-azJvOCON8
    https://youtu.be/yhn3KXQpkIM including conference button test

I am running the phone on Firmware 28.73.0.48, 3cx V12

What are you experiencing? Anyway I can change this via the transfer-settings fine tuning?

Anybody can confirm this bug wiht V14?

I think the easiest way to solve this, is to disable the "transfer button" during the period, where C hasn't picked the call up yet via custom Softkey Layout XML Templates. I guess it is "Transfer Connecting" in the webinterface.

best regards Frank

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I tried to replicate this on a T46, default 3CX template, fw v28.80.0.110 but I could not. What I did:
    1. Called from 106 to 109.
    2. Answered on 109.
    3. Pressed the 'Transfer' button, typed in 107, then waited a couple of seconds to start the Attended Transfer.
    4. Before 107 answered I pressed the 'Transfer' button again.
    5. At that point I got the following screen:

[​IMG]

No 'Transfer' or 'Resume' buttons, only "NewCall' and 'EndCall'.

In the video though I have the feeling that there still customized DSS keys, apart from the logo of course, so I do not know what else might have remained changed.
    I don't know about the v73 fw, but on the v80 I got the above results with a default template.

Attached Files:

3. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi Nick,

thanks a lot for your testing and you post. Interesting.
    I just tested it with a phone running T46-28.80.0.125.rom and I got the same behaviour as before.

The behaviour you described and made screenshots of looks different, but isn't strange / buggy, too?

I mean the first Screenshot. It shows a call on hold, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. You can just end it. No resume. And the "new call" button makes no sense. This screen should not be showing anything after the forward is completed, should it? If you press "Transfer" again (referring to you step number 5) the call should end (not for the other two, but for the person forwarding, 109).

I only customized the talking.xml template and only the pretrans-part. This is what you see in the video. But I might check again with the default template. The thing is, re-provisioning your phone does not overwrite custom uploaded XML templates for the softkeys with default ones. As fas as I remember even resetting to factory (which I did) didn't work. But I am not 100% sure about this.

I will test again with another phone.

Best regards Frank

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Phones keep track of the calls they transfer and only release after a certain point. In the case of Yealink, I think they release the call they are transferring after they receive the 200 OK message.

5. Frank D

Frank D New Member

that may very well be what they do.

But showing a call on hold to users, who can do nothing with this call makes no sense.
    What does "Endcall" do? It doesn't do anything besides clearing the strange screen, does it?
    The call has already been transferred, and there is no way to Resume the Call.
    If you show a "Call on hold Screen" there should be a way to resume the call, otherwise don't show the call on hold.

Or can you explain the purpose of this screen to me?

best regards Frank

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If I had to guess it stays there to let the user know that the call has not yet been picked up by the person you transferred it to, but by pressing 'End Call' this notification is cleared.

7. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Pressing "End Call" to clear a notification doesn't sound to intuitive to me. I would be afraid of ending that call.
    Thanks a lot for taking you time to look into that.
    I'll get in contact with Yealink, as soon we are running V14 on our productive system with the newest firmware.

Best regards Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.