Forwarding calls when user not logged on

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ChristineY, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristineY

v11
    Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me. We have a ring group with one member on a soft phone who does not have voicemail. When that user is not at work (as in the PC is not logged on) we are unable to forward that call to another user or group.
    We have tried all of the options available in the extension setting, but nothing seems to work.
    Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks
    Christine

2. livn46

What I think you're seeing is that the ring group's logic overrides the local phone's forwarding rules. So the ring group says "ring person A, then ring person B, then ring person C", and it follows this logic even if person A's phone is set to forward received calls to another person. It doesn't get down to the "local phone" forwarding rule, because the phone call is up at the ring group level, following that process. If another person needs to receive calls from the ring group instead of person A, then you'll need to add that person to the ring group; or if the ring group needs to do something different if person A doesn't pick up, then you need to change the settings of the ring group itself.

A phone's forwarding rules only apply to calls directly to the phone, not to queue calls or ring group calls. If you think about it, if forwarding rules could break a call out of the queue or a ring group, then those constructs would be of very limited use because any of the members of the queue or ring group would break it every time they changed something on their individual extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChristineY

Thx for the reply

Ok I can see that, but what I am describing is when all members of a ring group are logged off (although in this case it is one person in the group at this time) - you do not seem to be able do anything with the call. There is only an option for 'if the call goes unanswered'
    What would be ideal would be to route it to the reception ring group in this case as there is always someone there.
    thx

4. livn46

The "Destination if no answer" rules are followed if all members of the ring group are unavailable. Now, if they're available and just have a forwarding rule set, then I think it would continue to ring them for 30 seconds or whatever is configured, but after that it should follow the "Destination if no answer" rule. So you might have to train the user to do something different than they're doing now: log out of the softphone instead of forwarding it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the one member of the ring group, were not registered, then, I would think that the destination, set for the ring group, should be followed immediately since there are no members to ring for the selected ring time-out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.