Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forwarding extension to cellphone, but only one way sound.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ackrts, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ackrts

Hello,
    Great system, still setting it up for the first time. Thanks for everyone's work!!
    I have an internal extension setup that callers can press 0 to transfer to a cell phone (urgent calls) or leave a message in the voice mailbox. Everything works fine for the transfer, but after 3CX transfers the callers, they cannot hear the person on the cell phone. Cell phone user can hear the caller, but cannot respond. Probably a port issue on the Linksys firewall.
    I have to following ports forwarded to the 3CX server on the firewall;
    9000 - 9015 TCP/UDP External calls
    5060 - 5060 TCP/UDP SIP for external ext. future use.
    1000 - 2000 TCP/UDP (tried with and without) RTP
    3478 - 3478 TCP/UDP Stun

Am I missing any ports that may be affecting these calls? Is there something else I am not thinking of? If I change the cell phone to a callcentric sip account on a soft phone it seems to work, however that softphone sits on a computer on the network - not really hitting the firewall.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

2. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

What if you call the cell phone directly from an extension. Does that work?

3. ackrts

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, if I call the cell phone directly from an internal extension it seems to work fine - audio is good both ways. It is something in the call forwarding. Even if I change the extension from forwarding to a cell phone to a regular land line, I get the same results so I know it has nothing to do with the cell phone itself. If the call is transfered I get one way audio.

Thanks for any suggestions!

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Piece of logs may shed some light. Peoples often underestimate the power of status screen...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ackrts

Update... The problem was with the VOIP provider, Callcentric. They do not support call transfers. Switched to another provider and the call transfer worked properly. Hopefully Callcentric will be able to work with the 3CX for transfers later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.