Forwarding external call to an internal extension not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by njp, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njp

njp

Hello,

We have a Yealink T42G as a reception phone - it solely receives external calls throughout the day.

We have set up an 'Away' forwarding rule under the extension settings in 3CX to redirect External calls to another internal extension when the receptionist is on lunch or away. We have also briefed the receptionist to use *31 and *30 to switch between available and away (speed dial buttons set) according to if she's there or not.

Apparently this isn't working, and now on site I'm ringing in and they're correct - if I put the reception phone into Away mode via *31, my external call isn't being routed to the appropriate extension. I've also found that if the reception phone hits it's 30 second no-answer timeout, the same forwarding rule to another extension doesn't work.

In a nutshell, 3CX is unable to forward an incoming external call to another extension. Tried numerous other extensions to no avail. Also, there are no office hours set, to keep things extremely simple.

Are there any suggestions as to why the forward isn't working? It works with internal calls, just not with external calls coming in.

Thanks.

2. pact

pact New Member

Hi njp,

Can you confirm which version of 3CX you are running?

Also are you able to capture the Activity Log for the test calls you are running?

And lastly, is this behavior present for internal callers too? (ie Extension Z rings Reception, do they get forwarded to Extension X or does it get dropped?)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Also after you use the dial code do you get the prompt that Away status is set? Does the status change in the management console?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.