• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forwarding external call to mobile number gives Unknown caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realmlist

Reaction score
Hello,

Whenever I try to forward an external number (for ex. my work smartphone) to my private mobile number it appears on my private mobile phone as 'Unknown' called ID.
When I ring my mobile number directly from my work phone (3CX client and/or IP Phone) the caller ID appears correctly.

Is there a way to have the caller ID of the original caller instead of Unknown?

I have already tried changing From : User Part to "OriginalCallerID", but it doesn't seem to work.
My VoIP provider is WeePee. (Supposedly (see: read on other threads/websites) they support this)

Kind regards.

Hello @Realmlist

Please note that Weepee does not do true clip no screening (sending the originator caller ID) as they require you to register the number with them first before you can use it. So if you have a set of numbers that are often forwarded you need to contact them and declare these numbers to be able to present them as Caller ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.