Forwarding external calls and treat as internal?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ezpc, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezpc

I'm having a bit of a nightmare setting up forwarding rules for a client and looking for a bit of insight!

How I want it to work is that :

Available - Logged on/at their desk.
    Away - temporarily out of the office/on break (External to Voicemail, Internal to moble)
    Out of Office - same as away, but outside of office hours - everything to mobile.

This seems to work great, but, I ideally want to still be able to transfer calls from external using the same rules...

...Forwading an external call works fine for a standard announced transfer on a Cisco SPA504, but it fails from MyPhone, 3CXPhone, or blind transfer.

Is there anyway around this - if a transfer happens by someone internally, I always want it to be as if the call was internal?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

This may not be doable as it depends on the carrier. Once the call is passed onto the cell phone carrier, they control how the call will be handled going forward. From a 3CX perspective the call has been handled once it was answered by the cell and is now nothing more than a conduit thru which the data flows. It does not recognize the cell as an extension and therefore the capabilities of an extension are also not recognized. However, there are some carriers that do provide signalling that enables cell phones to continue to interact with PBX systems, so there may be some hope, but I profess not to know which do or do not. From what I have seen on the forum, it appears that most are GSM systems and from Europe. Leejor, a contributor to the board, is far more versed on the matter and may be able to shed more light.

Of course, you may also have the option of being able to use the 3CX softphone for Android or iPhone to help things along.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get my head around what the issue(s) actually is...

Given..

And your statement

So what you are saying is that an attended transfer (of an external call) goes to Voicemail, but a blind transfer (of an external call) goes to the mobile number? Is that it in a nutshell, or am I missing something?

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I am reading this as a blind transfer gets treated as an external call and following the external call route setup under the extension, where an attended transfer is seen as an internal call and thus following the internal caller forwarding rules.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ezpc

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Incoming calls work absoloutely fine and how I would expect - however, I want the ability that if an incoming call reaches the front desk or anyone else, that user can forward the call on to the person's mobile no matter what.

Currently, if they use their phone and do a normal (announced) transfer, announce then press connect, everything works fine and as expected - but, if they do the transfer from within myphone or 3CX phone (which are both blind transfer), or press the blind transfer from the physical phone - it will go through to voice mail as it is treated like the external user dialed the extension - it does not treat the call like it came from the reception.

I'm sorry lneblett, I don't understand your first reply :/ When I stated voicemail, I meant 3CX voicemail - Does what I say here make more sense now?

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I think my only response was trying to clarify what you were saying... And they seem to line up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.