Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forwarding external incoming calls to external.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by garyjduk, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyjduk

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting external incoming calls to forward externally. We are London based and have a Spitfire SDSL line which I believe has passed compatibility testing with 3CX.

We have DIDs but a couple of extensions are for people who are always out the office and need all their calls routed to their mobiles. I have tried the 302 Diversion option in Forwarding Rules in Out the Office and Away but can't get it to work. When you dial their extension it seems to get as far as Spitfire and you get a recorded message. You also get the same message if you just use the Forward to external number.

The external forwarding works from internal number but external numbers seem to call out but seems to be stopped by Spitfire.

Is there anything I've missed to set this up?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are getting a recording (and you don't say what it is) then I would suspect that you are sending out incorrect digits. Be sure that you aren't adding or stripping digits before sending the call to your provider. Be sure that the forwarded number is put in (data filled) with the same digits as if you were dialling it from an extension.

The 3Cx logs will show you what the PBX is actually sending.

3. rmm

rmm

garydjuk, are you using v9?

This seems very similar to the v9 problem I've been getting (http://www.3cx.com/forums/rebound-feature-goes-direct-to-voicemail-on-v9-16595.html): I can forward an internal call externally (unless Rebound is set), but external forwarded to external doesn't work. I rolled back to v8 and all is fine.

I'm on VoIP-Unlimited in UK, not Spitfire.

4. garyjduk

Yes, I'm using version 9.

I've had to do a kind of workaround I think. The message I was getting was an ISP message saying the number was not recognised.

I have now selected the Forwarding Rule to 'Forward calls to my mobile' and put an outbound rule in for each mobile number - with the full mobile number in the box that says 'numbers starting with'. It means that the users cannot just change their mobile number via MyPortal and expect it to work - I've now got to change each outbound rule when their number changes.

This customer has employees that have an extension number but no actual phone registered so it hits the rule 'Phone busy or unregistered' then routes call to mobile as listed on the Extension Settings tab in MyPortal and uses the Outbound Rule to route the call using the full mobile number.

I'm not sure if this is the correct way to do this but I needed to get it working and that seemed to be the only solution unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.