Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forwarding rules in v9

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KerryG, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

While I like the concept of the new forwarding rules, I think they are fine for "Simple" rules. I want more advanced rules like the ability to do the following:

Ring my extension for xx seconds
    If No Answer then Ring my Mobile number for xxx with "Rebound"

With the new forwarding rules I can no longer do that without having to setup a dummy extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We will add this in the available profile to give full flexibility.

Thanks for the feedback.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bluenetwork

I think there is one important option missing in the new forwarding rules: Give busy tone to dialer as mentioned on http://www.3cx.com/user-manual/forwarding/ updated link. The new forwarding features are nice but it is very important having the possibility to let a busy extension be as it is - just busy. (In version 8 this was possible in the simple forwarding rules only.)

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

this called
    Code:
    end call
    and was also av. in the advanced frwd rule but the naming is different.

5. bluenetwork

With this option the caller gets "call failed" (eg. on Aastra phones) which indicates a failure. In standard SIP protocol isn't there an option to signal the caller that the dialed number is busy?

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

well i have the feeling it is more an Aastra issue that he does not interpred the decline as busy and rewrites it to Call faild.
    In sip there are more then just one message declaring to "be busy".

my Cisco writes "decline" with Busy tone
    my Snom writes "decline" with Busy tone
    ploycome the same

we will make a change and change the server answer from decline to busy by default in the next beta.
    decline is beein used if you have a fored ID and all phones give you a busy the server answer now must be then decline and u will see again call faild... should be opened at aasta in my opinion...

7. fychan

I imported my configurations from v8
    Not sure why there are "Custom1" and "Custom2" status created.
    Where do we set to forward calls when the extension is not registered?
    When we quit the 3CX Assistant.... the status is not updated... it still stays as available...

8. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Custom 1 and Custom 2 are "extra" statuses. I would like to be able to change the name on these to reflect what I am actually doing like "Lunch", "In a Meeting", "Washing my Hair", etc. It does me no good to see someone else's status as being Custom 1.

There is no place to set an extension for when a phone is not registered. I personally am happy with this change. The user status should determine the action when possible, if not, then default to voicemail.

The 3CX Assistant does not determine your status, you do. Just because I am rebooting or for whatever reason do not have the assistant running does not mean I am automatically unavailable.

9. bangsjaman

I see that the first request in this thread has now been implemented but itsnt there a bug?

In the available profile it says "If my phone is busy or unregistred, then:" -> Send call to my mobile number.

This is not working when I am not registrered, but available.

Under the Away profile I have the same settings (Send call to my mobile number) and this is working if I am Away but not registrered.

I just wants call from queues to be forwarded to my mobile if I am not logged in in 3CX softphone. Otherwise I have to remember to set by status to away before closing 3CX Phone?

10. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Queue Manager will forward to external number only if unconditional forward is set. 'Available' profile doesn't have unconditional rules -- it has only 'No-Answer' and 'Busy' rules which are conditional. 'Away' profile has unconditional rule, that is why you can use it.

11. bangsjaman

Thanks. But the text says "Busy or unregistrered", so that last part is wrong?

But how else should I setup what I want: "Queue calls should go to mobile if extension is not registrered"?

12. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

'Busy', 'Not registered' -- both are conditions. Conditional forwarding from Queue is not supported.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.