• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forwarding Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntnetzeband

Reaction score
Hello,

We want to set up forwarding for weekends where a call to an employee will be forwarded to a ring group if they don't answer after a specified amount of time but if no one answers in that ring group, we want the call to be forwarded back to the original destination extension.

So the flow would be:

Caller >> DID (connected to extension 1000 for example) >> Call forwarded to Ring Group after 10 seconds >> Call goes back to original extension 1000

Is this possible?

A ring group allows you to specify how long it should ring the members (I assume you are going to use the "Ring All" strategy). After that time you can choose where the call routes to. If you send it back to the original extension, which originally forwarded it to the ring group, then you may just end up in a loop. There was obviously no answer at ext. 1000 to begin with so I'm not clear why you would want it to ring there again. You could make them part of the ring group. Another option is to send the call to the voicemail of an extension (1000?). you could also send it to a second ring group with more members, yet some from the original.

A ring group allows you to specify how long it should ring the members (I assume you are going to use the "Ring All" strategy). After that time you can choose where the call routes to. If you send it back to the original extension, which originally forwarded it to the ring group, then you may just end up in a loop. There was obviously no answer at ext. 1000 to begin with so I'm not clear why you would want it to ring there again. You could make them part of the ring group. Another option is to send the call to the voicemail of an extension (1000?). you could also send it to a second ring group with more members, yet some from the original.

Yes, the infinite loop thing crossed my mind but this is more for voicemail purposes. If no one from the ring group picks up the phone, then we want the voicemail to be left for the original person that they called. Is this possible?

It is possible but you must send the call to the voicemail of that extension not the extension it self, otherwise you will fall into the loop.

Caller >> DID (connected to extension 1000 for example) >> Call forwarded to Ring Group after 10 seconds >> Destination if no answer: Voicemail box of extension 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.