Forwarding to External Number - With Extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Drew9213, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew9213

I have configured an extension to forward calls to an external number with a timeout of 1, so that dialing that extension calls the external number immediately. Is there a way for me to configure in an extension for that external number? for example, say I need to forward to Ingram Micro at 1-800-456-8000, specifically to extension 100 (not a real Ingram extension that I know of). In my previous phone system (Avaya) I was able to add ,,, followed by the extension number to do this, but I have been unable to get that to work in 3CX. Thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you had a set, with an auto dialler, or speed call, or even your mobile phone, the a pause would be no problem. In the first case the set is smart enough (having a pause feature) to know how to send each group of numbers, with the digits after the pause almost always being sent as DTMF. Unfortunately, in the SIP world, digits are sent as a complete package. There is no provision in the PBX to send some digits, then pause, then send the remaining digits as DTMF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.