• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forwarding to mobile, then back to 3CX voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

athena

Reaction score
Hello,

I wonder how I can do the following configuration for an incoming call :
1) Ring during 10 sec on the extension (OK till then)
2) If no answer after 10 sec, ring on the mobile of the user (OK till then)
3) Then, if there is still no answer on the mobile after 10 sec, activate the 3CX voicemail (problem) ! :?:

Do you have any idea about how to configure this ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi athena,

1. You could try the "call mobile in addition to extension" feature. This way the mobile would be called and if no one answers in 10 seconds (both mobile and extension ringing) you could forward to the voicebox.

2. Another option would be to forward the call from your mobile directly to your 3cx voicebox. You just have to configure the forward function with your mobile operator, should be easy to do, but of course cannot be manager via the 3cx management console.

3. Or you setup a ringgroup in 3cx. After calling you extension the call is forwarded to the ringgroup. The first extension in the ringgroup is set to forward to the mobile number, than if the extension cannot be reached add "forward to voicebox". Or you set the DID to go straight for the ringgroup, the ringgroup rings you extension, the extension itself forwards to the mobile and than the ringgroups defaults to the voicebox.

I am not sure how ringgroups behave regarding forward settings set for extensions. Would be interesting to hear, how it worked out.

Sometimes forwarding to mobile phones with the intention to forward the phone further if no one pickus causes some issues: The mobile phone may pickup and answer "the person is not available" or something like this. Afterwards the call terminates. If you use option 2, this can be avoided.

Best regards Frank

You could also try rebound option on the extension. 3cx announces call to mobile device and waits for response from callee.

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

The only solution (acceptable for the customer) would be solution 3.
However, how can I configure a unconditional forward of an extension to a mobile number ?

I created a "dummy" extension (which will never be registered).
I also created the ring group.
However, the mobile phone never ring... but I reach at the end the voice mail, but too early (the mobile call is ignored).

Any idea to configure the "dummy" number with a permanent forward to a mobile ?

Hi athena,

so the the forward rules for the dummy extension didn't apply? I wasn't sure if the forwarding rules of an extension being called as a ringgroup extension would be taken into account. Did you configure it: Available: Phone is Busy (If my phone is busy or unregistered, then)
and chose "an external number" or "Send call to my mobile number"

If this doesn't work, than my idea 3 doesn't work.
Did you try the "rebound" feature?

Part of the problem maybe the timing and how long it takes to locate and ring the mobile. 10 seconds starts immediately after the 1st rule is not met. Too short and it never makes it, too long and the mobile voice mail kicks in. However, once it rings the mobile 3cx may not control the call any longer. Rebound is likely the best bet.

I think idea 3 might be the best bet with 1 minor difference, instead of setting the "Forwarding Rules -> Available -> Phone is Busy" section, in the Available tab check the "Ring my extension and my mobile at the same time" option.

This way the Extension will be forced to show as registered and the Ring Groups should forward calls to the number you have in the 'dummy' extension in the Mobile Phone field.

To summarize, you need:
1) One extension that is going to be the one that is actually provisioned on your deskphone.
2) A dummy extension in which you will have the mobile phone in the "General" tab, and in the "Available" Forwarding Rule the "Ring my extension and my mobile at the same time" option checked.
3) A Ring Group with the above 2 extensions in it, polling strategy "Prioritized Hunt", Ring Time 10 seconds and "Destination if no answer" the VMail.

This way when a call goes to this Ring Group, it will first ring the primary extension for 10 seconds if it is registered and not busy, then it will ring the 'dummy' extension for 10 seconds, and if there is no answer it will go to VMail.

Hi,

Thanks for the answers. It is indeed the solution.

1) Create a "dummy" number for the user, and configure it on his phone.
2) Create a Ring Group : User main number, then user "dummy" number, then voicemail
3) While ringing on the "dummy" number, ring the mobile at the same time

Keep in mind, that if the Mobile has it's own voicemail, and... the user is on the phone, or in an area with no signal, or the phone is off, the call will go to the mobiles VM. Incoming calls on the mobile phone should also be (set) delayed, as long as possible, when sending incoming calls to (the mobiles) Voicemail.

Yes, the ringing time is quite short (about 15 sec).
It should be short enough to stop before mobile VM start.

You will have to do some testing. Sometimes a ringtime of that length is not enough for the mobile user to actually pull out and answer the phone. Something, I'm sure we have all encountered. In addition, some of that 15 seconds is going to be used simply routing the call to the mobile, so once it actually starts ringing, there may be only 10 or 11 seconds to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.