• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Found a hotel where 3CX phone will not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejor

Customer
Reaction score
Have never had any issues when staying at a hotel and using 3CX phone...until now. This place in Lisbon will not allow 3CX on Windows or Android (even with tunnel). No VPN, and my Sony Location Free TV won't get through either. Doesn't appear to be a proxy server, but it will not allow me to put in a DNS server other than their gateway (a Conceptronics C54BRS4A). There is some port substitution going on as I'm assigned something in the 53XXX range. If I try to use something in the 506X range, It tells me that the port is in use.

Never seen this before, and of course, the management has no idea. Oh well, not here much longer...

I had a similar situation while in Rome a few weeks ago. I could connect via the tunnel, but as soon as I tried to initiate a call, the bandwidth was significantly limited as to not allow the call to continue. When I inquired at the front desk, they said they do in fact limit VOIP calls on the free internet, and suggested I purchase the premium internet to allow VOIP calls. No thank you, my cell had cheaper rates. It sounds like hotels are catching on to business users logging into their phone servers and are trying to cash in.

-Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.