• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

FQDN problems/errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Siu

Reaction score
There's a problem with my FQDN and I can't connect to it. My 3CX SMTP email was having issues too, but after I restarted all the services I was fine. Everything was working earlier 4 days ago strangely enough. I can connect to 3CX if I manually punch in my static public IP address with port 5001. But when I enter my FQDN it doesn't work. If I use nslookup, it comes up with a completely wrong IP address. Apparently the IP address is registered to google cloud. What do I do so my FQDN resolves to the correct IP address? My firewall test has no issues and passes everything green.

What version of 3CX, do you have valid maintenance and are you using a 3CX dns domain

If you still have maintenance, goto Settings - Network Settings

Under Public IP what is the IP address in static public IP address , does this match your fixed IP address - if not change it and wait until the 3cx dns servers updates the changes.

Last edited:
I am using ver 15.5. I am using free license. I am using a 3CX domain. The Static IP address matches my fixed IP I have. Like I said, I can enter the console using my public IP address, I just can't enter using the FQDN issued by 3CX.

Hello @Arthur Siu

Please make sure that you have only one installation using the same licence and FQDN, then navigate to Settings / Network and set your IP to Dynamic. Restart all 3CX services and wait for the DNS propagation. You can set it back to static once the FQDN resolves correctly.

Okay I figured out what's wrong,but I 'm not sure how to fix it. Basically initially installed 3cx on my own server. Then I stopped it and moved to the cloud taking up the one year offer. Then I switched back to using my own server. But it looks the the cloud server is still running. So the FQDN are clashing with each other, and I'm locked out of the cloud 3CX for some reason. Maybe I forgot the password. What do I do to disable/uninstall the 3CX on the cloud? I don't want to create a new 3CX account and go through the trouble of the whole entire process all over again. Though I may have to in the end.

Did you used your own instance on Google to install the PBX? If so then you can un-install the PBX from there. If the PBX is hosted in a 3CX free instance please send me a p.m. so we can check.

It wasn't my own instance it was a 3CX free instance. I will PM you.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.