Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

FQDN settings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DMarriott, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMarriott

Hi,
    I setup 3CX for the first time yesterday however I unfortunately entered the incorrect details during the initial setup for the two FQDN addresses. How do I get back to those settings to fix the mistake? I have gone through all the pages in the web gui trying to find these settings but haven't seen them anywhere. Do I need to run the setup again?

Cheers,

Dave

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are talking about setting the Domain Name. It is in there under Advanced settings alongside the ability to allow Direct SIP calls. There is also a table of almost all settings, allowing you to customize them as needed, use with caution.

3. DMarriott

I did see a field called "LDAP Server (FQDN)" however the field is blank. During the initial setup, I did have to enter 2 address's titled "Internal FQDN" and "External FQDN". I haven't seen these particular entries anywhere in the settings. I'm not sure where to find them in order to fix the wrong entries I had put in.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Under Settings/Advanced?settings for Direct SIP calls, is where you enter your domain name. This is use if you have a domain name or use a Dynamic DNS service, and your remote sets will be using it to contact the 3CX server.

Under Settings/Advanced/ Custom parameters, you cab see just about every setting.

5. mlump

mlump New Member

DMarriott,

The only place you can change the Internal and External Domain names for the HTTPS SSL settings used by the 3CXPhone software is during the install. This is something i have spoken to 3CX about and they are working on correcting. However for now you will need perform a full back of 3CX using the backup and restore tool. Uninstall 3CX then reinstall with the corrected settings. Once you get to the setup wizard you will select restore existing PBX and point it to your backup. Once done you should be good to go.

What leejor is referring to is the SIP Domain name used in direct SIP calls.

6. DMarriott

thanks mlump, I was thinking that a fresh install was the only way to go. Thanks for confirming it for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.