Free 3CX Phone System on Windows 7 notepad.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by se_vnt3, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. se_vnt3

I continuously get this message: "The archive is corrupt" when I attempt to install the free 3CX Phone System on to my Windows 7 notepad. Could someone please, tell me why that is?

2. markshehan

markshehan New Member

It could be a number of things.

Do you meet system requirements?

When does this happen?

Have you tried a new download and install in case the one you downloaded is corrupted

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. se_vnt3

What are the system requirements?

I get to execute the program, when it has downloaded I'm warned that the author is unknown and not certified, when I opt to install the program anyway I'm alerted that the archive is corrupt. Yes, I've attempted various downloads, every time I'm informed that the archive is corrupt I'm given the option to eliminate the program from my computer, retry or cancel. I've opted to eliminate it every time and start over to no avail.

4. markshehan

markshehan New Member

System Requirements are on p18 of the manual. http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual11.pdf

You are also using the same download each time so you may also have a corrupt download. I would download it again

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

To me, Windows Notepad, is a simple text programme run on a number of windows operating system over the years. What hardware device are you attempting to run this on?

Is this some sort of tablet?

As with Windows 8 , as implemented on different devices, it may look somewhat the same, and share a name, but does not use that same base code, and therefore may not support all the same programmes.

6. se_vnt3

Now I am being told: The cabinet file ‘disk1.cab’ required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package and I've tried saving the download to a different drive on the hard drive such as D and I've checked my hard disk for errors. Again, to no avail.

No, my notepad is not a tablet and it's running on intel Atom and Windows 7 Starter.

:?:

7. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Windows 7 Starter is your problem.

You need an upgraded version of Windows 7.

8. markshehan

markshehan New Member

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/supported-windows-versions/

Go there for supported Windows OS for different 3cx versions.

9. se_vnt3

OK, so for version 6 I didn't need to upgrade my OS but simply update my computer.

Now, as for this "Configuring 3CXPhone for a Remote IP PBX": How do I obtain my extension number (Auth ID), extension SIP credentials (SIP ID and Password) and the public IP of the SIP server?

10. markshehan

markshehan New Member

OK now I am totally confused. Are you saying you have been using 3cx since v6? I have been using since v7 (and now on v11) but in the v6 days there was no such thing as Windows 7 Starter and I doubt that v6 would work if you had a copy.

But now you are asking about your auth id, password and the public ip of the sip server. The sip server is the 3cx phone system so set up an extension and use those credentials.

But now I think you are talking about the free 3cx phone for windows. Not the PBX.

And for that to work (and it should work on Windows 7 starter as far as I know) you need a sip account with a provider and they give you the details. Just because someone gives you a free phone, doesnt mean you get free unlimited phone calls too.

11. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Not true, while not officially supported it does install. You will have a severe limitation as far as the allowed number of network connections...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.