Free Call Queue Monitor Wallboard

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xenex, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xenex

Hi All

As there isn't (yet) a call queue wallboard app for 3CX, here is one we've knocked together in VB.NET. Runs at 1024x768 with simple easy to view information for the call queue people. Requests IP of 3CX server and wilcard or distinct queue number. Provided as is with no warranties, but seems to do the job. It attaches to the postgres database directly (as opposed to via Access) and polls every 5 seconds.

Click once deployment available at

http://setup.enterprisemanager.co.uk/queue/publish.htm

Comments and questions via this thread please or PM.

Cheers

Nick

2. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello Nick
    Thank you
    I'll feedback

3. aerocom

Hi Xenex/Nick?

Sounds like a great tool. Thanks for sharing it.

When I run the program, I get the dialog box to enter the IP address of the 3cx server and after about 5-10sec the dialog box just hangs. If I enter the IP address quickly I can get to the queue number screen, but again after a few second it just hangs.

Any suggestions? Are there any logs?

Cheers
    Darren

4. xenex

Can you try again - made sure it doesn't attempt to run until after the settings are entered. It was trying default settings to quickly!

You should be able to just re-run the application and it will automatcially update from our servers.

Cheers

Nick

5. aerocom

Hi Nick,

Thanks for that, seems to work fine now. I cannot run it on a remote machine, but that may be a firewall issues. It runs on the 3CX box fine.

A very usefull utility!

Cheers

6. xenex

It's only attaching to postgres SQL on port 5480, so opening that should allow access I guess.

Nick

7. radcomp

hey i dont know what i am doing wrong i cant run it remotly or on the server itself

i enter the ip address of the machine what am i suspossed to enter in the queue number i have tried every queue that i have and still nothing

cheers
    Josh

8. xenex

do you get an error message on screen??

9. radcomp

no error message just, the queue screen stays blank

cheers
    josh

10. xenex

if anything was wrong it would show an error - so you get the heading at the top?? It is the queue number you need not name, just in case. Say 400 for example. or 4* for anything starting with a 4.

Nick

11. Discovery Technology

Hi Nick,

Great idea!

I gave it a try at my end and found (both on the 3CX Server and remotely) that it was coming up with an error each time I ran it as follows:

Npgsql.NpqsqlException:
    Failed to establish a connection

We have a queue with a number of 90 defined in our PBX, so when we start up the app we enter the IP, then the queue number and this is all we get on both machines - any ideas/thoughts?

Cheers, Brendan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. xenex

Does it work on the server using localhost (or IP 127.0.0.1) ? If so could be postgres set up not to allow outside connections... Now how to sort that one - not sure... but if you struggle to find out I'll have a dig around - I'm sure someone else on the forums has talked about it.

13. Discovery Technology

Works perfectly now - I followed the instructions at the following link when I was setting up the call reporter and this appears tohave worked for the queue monitor as well.

3cx.com/support/3cx-call-reporter.html - this link is no longer available

This is working both locally and remotely (I didn't try the localhost entry before the .ini changes - I am assuming that it would work without adjusting the .ini file this way)

Thanks, Brendan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #13 Discovery Technology, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
  14. xenex

Yes I think localhost would have worked without the changes. I'm guessing 3CX's postgres database is installed locked down to only local access, in some cases anyway. Ours here seemed to just work...

Cheers

Nick

15. mickp

Hey there,

Thaks for this. I've managed to get the Wallboard to connect though I've not been successful in seeing any calls in a queue yet. Any chance of sharing the source? I have a team of .net devs at my disposal and would be happy to share any updates or improvements.

Regards,

Mick.

16. netwerkshop

Hello,

This is an old subject, and the download is missing, so, has this been killed? Or is there some other way of making a wall monitor so that we can publish the queues and how many peoples in the queue.

cheers
    Edo

17. mobius

Does anyone have this download/installed? Please repost it if you do, i have a clien SCREAMING for the WallBoard but 3CX refuses to give us a delivery date for this very important feature.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.