Solved Free licence will soon expire - possible to downgrade?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by flynorc, Feb 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flynorc

Hey all!

I've seen some other threads about licencing problems, but unfortunately did not find one that reflects our situation. I'm sorry if the question has been answered and I did not find the answer.

Soon our 1 Year free licence will expire. At the moment we are able to use 8 calls at once, but we do not need more than 4. Is it possible to downgrade to a free licence with 4 simoltaneous calls and keep the configuration. Can we continue using the free edition, or do we need to buy a "standard" licence for keeping the same functionality. We are not using any of the professional or other editions functionalities.

Thank you for your responses.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

Your license will be automatically downgraded to a 4 sim call license standard license. Maintenance include and free of charge. You dont need to do anything basically and you can keep on using it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. flynorc

Hey!

Unfortunately your answer was not correct as the automatic downgrade did not happen... we still have the 8 calls option active, but no maintenance, unable to update and the app on the phone running when not in the local network is also not working (no error, just unable to make and receive calls).

Please advise on how to make the downgrade to the free licence with 4 calls and working external phones.

Thank you and best wishes.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @flynorc

Please navigate to Settings / Licence and click on the "Refresh Licence Key Information" button and see if your licence reverts to 4 sim calls. Also are you seeing your licence as PBX edition or Standard?

5. flynorc

Thank you for a quick response. Unfortunately I do not see "Refresh Licence Key when i go to settings -> Licence.

The options (buttons) i see are: Edit, Cancel and Help.

And of course the table with the product details.
    Product: 3CX Phone System Standard SPLA
    Version Number
    License Expires 03/05/2018 11:00:00 PM
    Support
    Maintenance 03/05/2018 11:00:00 PM
    Number of Simultaneous Calls 16
    Number of G729 Channels 8
    Number of Simultaneous Meeting Participants 25
    3CX Phone System Pro Edition features
    No

below is the licence number and company data.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You are running an older version PBX that is why the button is missing. Please check your inbox as we will require additional info to further troubleshoot your issue.

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@flynorc
    Could you please go to the license page, press the "Edit" button, then without making any changes to any information, press the OK button.

After this go back and let me know if the situation is the same.

The License Key will eventually "drop" to a 4SC Standard after some time.

8. flynorc

Hey,
    Been there, done that. No change noticed in the licence.
    If i visit the dashboard, maintenance is green again, but only until tomorrow it seems (looking at the date there).
    Is there some way to make sure that external extensions keep working while waiting for the licence downgrade to happen? today for example the 3cx app on my phone did not work. no error messages or anything, just unable to call out (and also receive calls)...

Thank you for your help.

9. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It is expected during grace period timer to see a "stuck" one day maintenance for a period of time.
    This is the grace period in which your key is in overdraft to its license state giving you still the option to extent / renew the key in the state it is. Once the grace period is over the key will be converted to the baseline which is the 4SC Std. How long the grace period is I can not tell as it is not fix defined or disclosed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The remote extensions should not have been affected by this in the first place. If you are still having a problem with them, it is probably due to something unrelated with the licensing.

As the title of this topic is about the license key, so that not to confuse other users that may be reading this, create a new topic solely about that.

As the Licensing was sorted, I will lock this post now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.