Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

"Free" license maintenance expired

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cameron Clark, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cameron Clark

Today my Free 16SC license expired and now my management console shows my maintenance has expired. this means that now I am unable to download any updates for firmware, templates etc. I just bought a new GrandStream GXP2135 for testing and am unable to download the new firmware that is the "minimum required" version.

I performed a forum search and found a thread where somebody was advised that there was a 1 month grace period before the license downgrade occurred; does this mean that now have to wait another month until the license is automatically downgraded to 4SC to get maintenance again for the software updates?

I would have though that if there is a "grace period" before the downgrades occurred then software updates should still work.

I even tried to "downgrade" myself through my customer portal, however all that it let me to was a free downgrade to 8SC and STILL shows my maintenance expired this morning.

EDIT: I am running 15.5SP4

Hope somebody has an idea what will happen, thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Cameron,

Yes you are correct you should have a months grace and receive an email to remind you.

You can also contact sales@3cx to get it upgraded or online via your portal normally, but if it has expired you most likely will need a new key.

3. Cameron Clark

Thanks for the reply, I am now somewhat confused however.

I was under the impression that the old PBX Edition was upgraded to 16SC Standard Annual Perpetual, and when the first year “free” period was up it would be automatically downgraded to 4SC with maintenance included.

I have been getting emails for the last month advising my maintenance was expiring, so thought my license would get downgraded to 4SC.

Am I mistaken in my interpretation/understanding of the new “free” licensing model?

4. eddv123

5. Cameron Clark

Thanks, I have also read that post as well. I am just concerned as my 16SC expired and did not downgrade to 4SC with active maintenance. I am hoping that somebody from 3CX can categorically state what should be happening, however I will to try and call the Australian customer service number on my account and see what they say when I can in a couple of days

6. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Why not try restarting the system?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Cameron Clark

Thanks Jimbo59. Tried that, customer portal website is also reporting that maintenance has expired and not downgraded to 4SC license.

Will try Aussie customer service tomorrow and see what they say.

8. eddv123

9. Cameron Clark

:)

That was my second plan. Only my home test lab so no issues there

10. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Cameron Clark

Please note that all Free PBX keys were upgraded to 16SC standard edition keys. When the maintenance of such a key expires then it is downgraded to 4SC standard key that includes maintenance after a month (if you do not renew your maintenance for 16SC). However during that month your maintenance should still be valid you should be able to use your PBX normally.
    Since your key has not been downgraded and your maintenance has expired that would lead me to believe that either your PBX cannot communicate with the 3CX licencing server or there is an issue with the key. As a first step try to manually Refresh your key information by navigating to Settings / Licence and click on "Refresh License Information". Do that solve your issue or do you get an error?
    Are all info correct in that page?

11. teichhei

Is it just me or did the prices nearly double for a comparable product, since standard is now kind of less than standard and pro is over the top?

12. Cameron Clark

appears to be all sorted now, my maintenance now expires on the 30th December 2018; but interestingly enough 3-4 days after I created this thread my maintenance started working again; 1 day at a time and for at least 1 week after that it would increment by a day or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.