Solved Free Perpetual Licence blip

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by deekay, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deekay

Hi, I've already set up 2 x 3CX PBX's with the FREE Perpetual license for 2 of my friends companies and all has gone well, no problems and running very well

Today have gone on and done a 3rd (they all have their own individual license keys) but having a problem with this one.

All installs fine then when I log into the console it starts it's configuration of number of extension digits, Timezone etc. but this time the last option is Register - the 2 previous haven't had this tab. This tab has the correct license key in first field that input while installing, I follow through the other fields and the last field is RESELLER Name OR ID: I haven't signed with a reseller, I obtained the license direct from 3CX.COM, but this last field doesn't actually allow any input. If I omit anything in this field and continue eventually get an error License Activation Failed HttpsError - can anyone guide me please? Regards kevin

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

It's most likely you can't access the 3CX license activation site, for some (undocumented) reason. 3CX insists on having google 8.8.8.8 as DNS. Try changing it in your machine and repeat the installation. The issue has been discussed several times in the forums.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. deekay

Thank you for your reply, i'll have a go at that. Regards

4. deekay

Yep, that's done it - managed to register and test calls in/out perfectly. Thanks once more sip.bg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.