Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Free Seattle DID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mathewjenkinson, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathewjenkinson

Hey all,
    2 things:
    1. a company called 'ipkall' are offering free Seattle DID's for a sign up.
    The link is:http://phone.ipkall.com/ipphone/

2. How do i integrate this into my PBX phone system?

Thanks
    Mathew

2. Halea

Halea New Member

Easiest way to do is to get a free VOIP account from a company like InPhonex or FWD and get the IPKall number mapped to it. Then you use the VOIP account to bring the line to your PBX. The only downside is that your outgoing callerid won't be able to show the same phone number.
    Halea

3. aguilar

aguilar New Member

hello
    no way to modify the callerid?

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Halea

Halea New Member

Even if the software offered a way to generate a CID with the number that you want to send out, most phone or VOIP companies override it with some numbers of their own, unless you got your DID from them. At least in the US, that's what happens. The reason supposedly is that it is illegal for a company to originate a CID which is bogus or doesn't belong to their pool of phone numbers. Even the name part of the identification is very difficult to change nowadays, although sometime possible. With the above providers I wasn't able to make it work though.
    Halea

5. aguilar

aguilar New Member

Hello Halea
    thanks for the information, actually i am dealing with this with my provider

cheers

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.