Free up Inbound Lines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mantalope, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantalope

Our 3CX IPPBX is connected to 3 SIP Trunk accounts (12 lines total). All incoming calls come through one trunk (6 lines) and the other two trunks are used for overflow and backup for outgoing calls.

I would like to set up a rule that detects when the first trunk is nearly or completely occupied and then hands off the incoming call to one of our "backup" trunks. The intent is to free up one of the lines on the first trunk so that incoming calls do not get a busy signal.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and point me in the right direction?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds like something that you should be discussing with your VoIP provider. They would be the ones to forward calls to another number (your second trunks group) if all trunks, on the first, were busy. I'm sure, for a fee, they could arrange something.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

If these 3 SIP trunks are one and the same provider, why you don't simply merge them into one trunk (with DID) and use any of channels freely for inbound / outbound calls?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. willow

willow Member

I know on my sip trunks that if one trunk is full I can have it any new calls rule over the the other trunks, It will not move a established call over though. if your voip provider has provided you with a decent web portal i would look there and see what options you have for when the sip trunk is busy, unreachable, and so forth.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.