• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Free up Inbound Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantalope

Reaction score
Our 3CX IPPBX is connected to 3 SIP Trunk accounts (12 lines total). All incoming calls come through one trunk (6 lines) and the other two trunks are used for overflow and backup for outgoing calls.

I would like to set up a rule that detects when the first trunk is nearly or completely occupied and then hands off the incoming call to one of our "backup" trunks. The intent is to free up one of the lines on the first trunk so that incoming calls do not get a busy signal.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and point me in the right direction?

It sounds like something that you should be discussing with your VoIP provider. They would be the ones to forward calls to another number (your second trunks group) if all trunks, on the first, were busy. I'm sure, for a fee, they could arrange something.

If these 3 SIP trunks are one and the same provider, why you don't simply merge them into one trunk (with DID) and use any of channels freely for inbound / outbound calls?

I know on my sip trunks that if one trunk is full I can have it any new calls rule over the the other trunks, It will not move a established call over though. if your voip provider has provided you with a decent web portal i would look there and see what options you have for when the sip trunk is busy, unreachable, and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.